Senior Copy Editor, Manager
Purpose of Role:
RBI’s Global Production team performs critical functions for some of RBI’s leading brands including ICIS, Cirium & Estates Gazette. With offices in London, Houston, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Singapore, the team is responsible for design and layout, copy editing, translation and digital production across our various brands.
As part of a team restructure, Global Production is looking for two leaders – one in the in the UK and one in the US – to lead the copy editing team in each region. The successful candidates will report to the Global Head of Copy Editing and will help drive forward the team’s strategic vision and position the team for future digital initiatives as well as being responsible for ensuring that content standards are met for quality and compliance.
- Own the day-to-day operations of the region’s copy editing team in particular by maintaining a flexible resourcing plan to ensure sufficient resources are available to meet the changing requirements of the team/business.
- Keep the wider business fully informed in a timely and candid manner of the conduct of the day-to-day operations towards the achievement of established goals and of all material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established.
- Work across the business with copy editors/editors and other stakeholders to ensure that content is clean, concise and accurate; ensure deadlines are met and the compliance workflow is maintained to a uniform set of standards.
- Collaborate with editorial staff to constantly improve the overall quality of our products. Provide your expertise to instigate any required changes on copy flow, layout and production processes in line with overall business objectives.
- Nurture and mentor your team and ensure continuous improvement of copy editing skills within the copy editing team. Encourage a culture of continuous feedback, learning and in-role development.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Proven ability to lead teams, handle change and deal with ambiguity.
- Proven at identifying, hiring and developing high performing talent and managing under-performance.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form and ability to collaborate, influence and manage remotely to work with other business functions and geographies.
- Experienced in working cross-functionally to create high performance organisations and passionate about a world-class customer experience.
- Champion diversity and representation across as well as leading proactive succession planning and talent management to improve customer/business outcomes.
- Role model best practice, understand legal and compliance requirements and ensure adherence of self and team to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Proven online and print experience in a busy subbing/copy editing environment with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign.
- Curious about everything, willing to ask questions and challenge the status quo in order to provide better customer, employee and business outcomes.
- Driven, passionate, motivated individual.
At RBI, we are a team that thrives on innovation and collaboration in a diverse and inclusive culture. We take pride in finding the best people. This is not just about a proven track-record, but about who you are and how you work. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
We search for the behaviours that will make the difference in our team. It starts with drive and the desire to achieve, succeed and grow. Really caring and ensuring delivery and getting things done. Taking ownership and thriving with empowerment. Not afraid to take calculated risks and fail. We put the customer first and have a thirst for learning. If this is you, then get in touch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact us through Creativepool.
Translation Coordinator (Digital Marketing)
Closing 25 August 2020
- Stanley Black & Decker
Want more Senior Copy Editor, Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Director jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Translator jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.