Senior Content Designer
At Sage, Content Designers play a vital role by creating succinct digital content that gives users the right information, at the right time and in the right formatas they navigate our digital products. You’ll join a team of Content Designers primarily within our small business segment based in Newcastle, where you’ll work closely with UX Designers and Solution Designers to producecontent across the end to end user journey to ensure users can complete their goals.
The content you produce will guide the user to success. This could involve microcopy to help the users navigate our products or user assistance for further help and guidance.As well as language and authoring best practices, you’ll need UX/technical writing skills and an understanding of user-centred design. Writing is one thing – but you’ll know that doing it in a UX setting is entirely another. For you – and the hundreds of thousands of users who will benefit from your work – it’s all about context.
The process of distilling complex, technical know-how into easily understood content is just one of your many passions. And it’s that combination of passions that makes you such a unique proposition as an employee. That’s why we’d love someone like you, whose experience is crucial to quality UX, to join us here.
- Possess a combination of UX writing and technical writing skills, and an understanding of user-centred design.
- Help to design solutions that are easy to learn, and efficient to use, meeting the exact needs of the user with simplicity and elegance.
- Understand how to create and manage content that can be localised for a global audience.
- Are inspired by user engagement and immersed in user context and the problem solving.
- Deliver just the right amount of intelligent content in context – providing users with the information they need when they need it, on the platform and device of their choosing.
- Have a broad range of experience with authoring tools for digital content experiences, and advanced knowledge of reuse and single-sourcing strategies.
- Craft micro-copy and compelling user-centred content for Sage solutions.
- Provide accessible user assistance in-app and online, guiding first-time and expert users to success.
- Define the content strategy, information model, and delivery channels and outputs for the product.
- Develop templates, process, and style guidelines.
- Develop search strategies and optimisation.
- Measure content effectiveness and iterate based on data.
- Support the coaching, mentoring, and training of juniors.
- Plan and lead larger projects with phased delivery, designing scalable solutions.
Sage is a global company built on the unique personalities and characteristics of 13,000 colleagues across 24 countries. The market leader for cloud-basedaccounting, financials, enterprise management, people and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes. Steve Hare has been recognised by colleagues as the top scoring CEO on Glassdoor throughout the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, due to the high levels of communication and engagement throughout.
As a worldwide FTSE 100 company, we do business the right way while giving back to our local communities. By giving each colleague five paid days a year to support the Sage Foundation, they can volunteer in whatever way they feel best.
We believe in building a culture where colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours – not their identity. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment and not discriminated against based on their race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
Closing 8 December 2020
- Manchester and Newcastle
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 21 December 2020
Want more Senior Content Designer jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Digital Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.