Senior Content Designer
We’re on a mission to make buying and selling cars an easy and straight-forward process. As a Senior Content Designer, you will be key to enabling this. Working day-to-day with product designers, user researchers, and developers you will help consumers find their perfect car and help retailers sell quality vehicles more efficiently through simple, humanistic content.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Advocating content from the start of the design process, ensuring users get the right content at the right time, in a way they expect.
- Crafting compelling copy that helps our users and that makes complex things (like finance) simple and jargon-free.
- Implementing, developing and governing our tone of voice guidelines.
- Working proactively with user researchers and data analysts to understand user needs and gather evidence to inform content decisions.
- Communicating your thought process to project stakeholders, clearly articulating the user problems we’re looking to solve.
- Understanding our suite of data tools that give insight into user behaviour and using these to answer your own questions.
- Guiding and advising other content creators to ensure quality in everything we do.
- Collaborating with other teams to make content a key part of our design system.
How you’ll operate:
- You’ll be curious so you’ll ask a lot of questions to understand the “why” and won’t be afraid to challenge.
- Participating in peer reviews and content critiques, you’ll be comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Contribute to the broader design team - learning from and helping others & identifying and implementing improvements to the way we work.
- Build on our collaborative culture, working with product and marketing teams to ensure consistent messaging across online and offline channels.
- Work at pace - having confidence to make decisions, knowing when to use qualitative or quantitative data and when you should rely on your own knowledge and experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience writing for commercial web applications and mobile experiences.
- Demonstrate skill in structuring content, writing for accessibility, and optimising content for SEO.
- Demonstrate the ability to translate complex topics into content that is simple - you don’t need to be an expert in cars!
- Experience working within and influencing collaborative teams from inception to implementation, particularly with designers & developers.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Although not a requirement, useful experience includes:
- Experience conducting research and using data to support decision making and iterative content design.
- Creating and inputting to design systems, style guides, glossaries and tone of voice guidelines.
- Examples of crafting copy that converts.
- Knowledge of user-centred design principles and writing for readability.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary with a great flexible benefits package which includes 28 days holiday, not including bank holidays – plus ½ day afternoon office closures on Christmas and New Year’s Eve, pension, healthcare, life assurance and a whole host of other benefits. You’ll get a Mac and as much free tea, coffee and fresh fruit as you like. This role will require occasional travel to our London Kings Cross office. We are happy to consider this role on either a full time (37.5 hour) or part time (30 hours) basis, if you have any questions about working hours before applying please reach out.
Personal development is an essential part of working at Auto Trader – we’ll work with you to create a plan for growth, and support you to learn, discover, and improve. Our design community attend & speak at conferences, we host external meet-ups in our event space and offer masterclasses focusing on communication, team working and leadership. As you can see, it’s not limited to what you learn at your desk. If we sound like the kind of place for you then we would love to hear from you.
Everyone is unique in their own way and we are looking for people from all walks of life to become part of our inclusive culture. We’re committed to making Auto Trader a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone. Diversity for us means respect for and appreciation of differences in gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, race and ethnic origin, religion and faith, marital status, social, educational background and way of thinking. Our dedication is to ensure you get the chance to be the best that you can be, showcase your full potential and make the right choice for you.
Due to the effects of Coronavirus, currently all our employees are working from home. We are closely monitoring government guidelines and are looking forward to returning to our offices when it is safe to do so. If you are successful in applying to this role you will take part in a virtual assessment process, and may even be on-boarded virtually depending on timeframes. If you have any questions relating to how we are keeping our candidates and employees safe please reach out to us.
Professional Product Designer
Closing 26 September 2020
- Auto Trader
Senior Social Graphic Designer
Closing 22 September 2020
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.