Senior Conference Producer
Informa Connect, part of the FTSE100 Informa Group, is a global live events, digital content specialist connecting professionals with knowledge, ideas and opportunities. Informa Connect run around 800 events each year in over 60 countries, create digital platforms based on engaging news and information content, and operate professional development programmes for individuals and businesses in Global Finance, Life Sciences and Pharma and in a number of other specialist markets. Our mission is for our millions of professional and commercial customers to know more, do more and be more through access to extraordinary people and exceptional insight.
The role of Senior Conference Producer offers an experienced, highly intelligent and commercially astute individual the opportunity to take the lead in determining strategy and shaping the future direction of large-scale industry leading events. This involves researching content, building relationships with key industry executives, designing compelling agenda, guiding content strategy to create a buzz about the conference and leveraging networks to drive the commercial success of events.
· Reporting to: Head of Product Process and Delivery
· Location: 240 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8BU
· Team Size: 26+ (wider team)
· Portfolio: SuperReturn
SuperReturn is the world’s largest and most prestigious series of private equity, venture capital and private capital conferences, comprising 16 annual events. The brand has a truly global reach with more than 6000 conference attendees from 1500 unique organisations and 90 countries represented annually. We bring together an unrivalled mix of LPs and GPs not seen at any other event – critical for new business relationships.
Renowned for the calibre and seniority of our speaker faculties, our programmes consist of in-depth sessions borne out of months of industry research. We cover the topics that the industry wants to hear and feature the unique perspectives of the people they want to hear from.
Our key strength lies in the unrivalled networking opportunities, creating the annual meeting point where global private equity, venture capital and other private capital industry leaders gather to create new contacts, build commercial relationships and exchange strategic insights. Unmatched networking, fantastic content, top performing GPs, powerful investors, and industry trailblazers mean that SuperReturn conference are the “must-attend” events of the year.
The Senior Conference Producer is a motivated, resourceful and responsible individual who relishes the challenge and autonomy of creating a world-class programme from concept to delivery, and who is proactive, highly organised, outgoing, professional and has excellent communication skills.
- Analyse the industry and past conferences to determine market opportunities
- Work with the Brand Strategy Director and Head of Product Process & Delivery to set the event’s strategy for the year
- Research in detail the conference programme by contacting a complete cross section of the target market through phone, desk research and meetings to determine customer requirements
- Create and run an advisory board when appropriate
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of competitors’ events through websites, brochures and speaking to key executives that attend their events
- Write compelling commercially-driven agenda
- Identify and contact potential speakers and find the hook to encourage them to join the speaker faculty
- Negotiate Speaker fees and expenses and stay within guidelines set down on the event target sheet
- Design a compelling content-based marketing campaign to promote the conference
- Write industry-focussed promotional copy for websites and marketing pieces
- Work with the digital media team to design and implement promotional campaigns via LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Work with the marketing department to ensure that they are targeting the right market and sourcing appropriate media partners, working with the chairman and speakers and sponsors of the conference to raise the profile of the event
- Working with Sponsorship and Exhibition to find leads and identify additional revenue generating opportunities
- Source special guest speakers from outside the industry
- Work with operations to ensure budgets are accurate and the event runs smoothly on the day
- Run the conference on the day
- Conduct research at the event to identify new ideas for existing and new events
- Produce the post conference report
- Thinking creatively, innovating and shaping a product around customer needs
- Proven research skills using a number of information sources including cold calls
- Commercial awareness – the ability to understand market dynamics and leverage networks to monetize the programme
- Time management with an ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills and the ability to network with senior industry figures
- Project-management skills
- Enthusiasm and a collaborative mind set
- Knowledgeable about private equity, venture capital, private debt, infrastructure and real estate – able to understand the market dynamics and trends, key players and terminology used
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in event production in private capital, with demonstrable evidence of growing/launching events
- Successful applicants are likely to possess a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) and come from an academic background.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
Want more Senior Conference Producer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Studio Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.