Senior Conference Producer, Automotive Tech
Reporting to the Portfolio Director, the role of Senior Conference Producer involves the project management and production of events within one of Informa’s key verticals. The newly created Automotive Event team produce 17 events annually, in America, Japan and Germany. You will be responsible for creating world class events that are at the heart of their industry, driving innovation and change in this exciting and constantly evolving market.
As a Senior Conference Producer for Automotive Tech Events you will be responsible for leading event research and development, speaker recruitment and community interaction across your assigned events. The business has grown rapidly in the past year as a result of a recent merger between TU-Automotive, Wards Auto and Wards Intelligence, to form the Informa Tech Automotive Portfolio. The successful candidate will play a key role in determining the direction of their events in the future, positioning the business to the market, and facilitating the growth of our portfolio.
This role is ideal for someone with solid conference production experience who is keen to take on more responsibility and play a critical role in the content development of their events. As part of a team of three conference producers, you will be an integral in making sure that all our events present pioneering, educational and influential content, designed to attract the leaders and decision makers across the automotive industry.
The Senior Conference Producer is responsible for the following areas within their portfolio:
- Strategic planning.
- Event creation.
- Programme production.
- Speaker recruitment.
- Audience delivery.
- Attendee experience.
- Product development and evolution.
- Stakeholder relationship building.
- Support in account management.
This means that they are expected to deliver revenue growth through:
- The development of high quality, feature rich exhibitions and conferences.
- Strategic planning at event level.
- Putting the customer at the front of all event and product decisions.
- Actively contributing to the VIP delegate and audience acquisition process to ensure maximum attendance of high quality, relevant attendees to all events.
- The development of strategic partnerships with industry stakeholders.
- The building of relationships with key target vendors.
- Internal relationship building with intelligence and marketing services divisions to identify new opportunities for the business.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of conference production experience within the commercial events world, with in-depth knowledge and experience of best practices and event development.
This will include:
- Experience of successfully producing large scale events and marketing collaboration within a fast paced commercial events company.
- Be a ‘product first’ person who understands what it takes to make exceptional events happen.
- Have a strong commercial focus and track record of identifying and developing new and existing revenue streams.
Despite the variety of backgrounds, experience levels, cultures, seniorities and personalities, we expect everyone in Informa to have one thing in common: that they are deeply passionate about what they do.
In addition, they will be:
- An energetic conference producer who is keen to be part of a supportive, collaborative, motivated and sociable team.
- An excellent communicator who can manage external customers and internal business expectations.
- A naturally proactive self-starter, focused on achieving their goals while maintaining high standards.
- Able to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high-pressure environment.
- Commercially minded with proven experience as a practical deliverer.
Key Deliverables for Senior Conference Producer:
- Extensive research into the market to fully understand the ecosystem.
- Deliver best in breed content and speakers.
- Produce high quality programmes, driving new and exciting content as well as key themes/trends in the industry.
- Develop new event formats and maintain quality control over all content output from the team for their events.
- Focus on delivering a quality experience for all attendees at our events.
- Ensure on-time delivery of relevant event content and product information for key marketing milestones and associated digital, physical and telesales marketing campaigns.
- Identify and develop new revenue streams and commercial opportunities for the portfolio.
- Create new, interactive features and formats that add considerable value to the conferences and exhibition show-floor activities.
- Deliver new products within own Portfolio sector.
- Provide creative input & tactical support in the delivery of new products.
- Able to support the sales team in account management of existing and new business sponsorship clients.
- Build the commercial ecosystem with the commercial team for each event.
- Work closely with the VIP Manager to drive key audience attendance.
Oversees event project management for events:
- Ensure delivery of tactical plan for each of their assigned events in the portfolio.
- Review tactical plan and communicate across all functions within the team.
- Be familiar with all portfolio financial targets and responsible for delegate revenue growth and overall audience growth across platforms.
- Set, monitor and ensure events deliver, target standards of quality and customer service.
Relationships & Brand Awareness:
- Overview customer relationship management for Portfolio.
- Build relationships with key customers.
- Develop and maintain other key contacts e.g. Associations, Partners and Consultants.
- Contribute to positive public profile of Informa Tech events.
- Host networking meetings.
- Host Advisory Board calls and meetings.
- Develop a profile as a thought-leader within the industry.
- Build rapport at events and industry meets.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office package.
- Ability to speak Chinese or Japanese is desirable but not required.
Why work for Informa?
- Learning and Development plan to assist with your career development.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 2 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Fabulous new office in Central London with an amazing rooftop terrace, views of Central London, onsite gym and a variety of restaurants and amenities nearby.
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service.
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration.
- Life assurance.
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans.
- 5% Pension match.
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder.
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities.
- Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Executive Producer - Film
Closing 22 February 2020
Video Production Manager
Closing 21 February 2020
Want more Senior Conference Producer, Automotive Tech jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.