Senior Concept Artist
The Senior Concept Artist creates concept art for visual effects in feature films and television. Works as part of a team of artists executing CG and traditional artwork, helping create artwork that adheres to a specific design or “look” of a show.
- Creation of conceptual artwork that illustrates various stories and scripts.
- Understand and action briefs from clients and supervisors.
- Able to break brief down into individual components with little supervision.
- Demonstrates a strong eye for colour, composition, perspective and lighting.
- Demonstrates a high level ability to work on pre-production development work as well as VFX concept art.
- Takes ownership and responsibility of a shot or brief, proactively offers options and finds solutions for production problems.
- Liaise with art department leadership to ensure highest quality of work is delivered.
- Ensures work is done according to specifications outlined by the Director/Key Creative team of a show.
- Implements any changes and incorporates feedback from Art Directors into artwork.
- Organising day-to-day activities and managing time to ensure deadlines are met.
- Actively participates in dailies and transmissions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant experience in producing Concept Art for VFX/Feature films.
- Experience or knowledge of cinematic techniques, language and shot composition.
- Portfolio required.
- Developed “eye” and strong aesthetic.
- Demonstrate the ability to go from quick sketches all the way through to photoreal.
- Proven experience creating feature film quality environments, hard surface, and creature design, matte paintings, shot elements, storyboards.
- Ability to work closely with Art Department leadership and within a production environment.
- Ability to work under pressure while implementing changes based on input from multiple sources.
- Strong understanding how their work fits into the pipeline and it’s affect on upstream and downstream departments.
Required Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in design software required.
- Ability to work in both 2D and 3D (eg. Photoshop, Maya, Blender, Zbrush, 3D-Coat, Keyshot, Octane).
- Ability to assemble research and reference material that will be influential to clients and design team.
Multi-Media Design Professional (Graphics)
Closing 21 September 2019
Motion Designer - Sky Creative Agency
Closing 1 October 2019
- Sky Creative Agency
Want more Senior Concept Artist jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.