Senior Communications Manager
Manage media activity in relation to the Chelsea Foundation and Women's team. Promoting the work and campaigns of the Chelsea Foundation. Assisting in delivery of the Club's strategic messages.
- To ensure the Foundation's work reaches a wider audience including fans, stakeholders and media outlets.
- To support PR programmes for the Foundation's wide-ranging work.
- To ensure that Chelsea club media and wider media are kept up to date with the Foundation's programmes.
- To support social media campaigns to highlight the Foundation's work and oversee the Foundation social media channels.
- To ensure the Foundation's message is consistent throughout the charity.
- To maintain a calendar of Foundation events.
- Contribute towards press releases and news articles relating to the Foundation's work.
- Ensure the club website is kept up to date with all changes/new programmes run by the Foundation.
- Work alongside sponsors and partners to explore opportunities and deliver ideas which promote the Foundation
- Document projects as case studies.
- Manage external media commitments for the Women's Team, ensuring compliance with all contractual media obligations for relevant competitions.
- Oversee and manage head coach and player engagement with all media across TV, print, radio and online to deliver increased positive coverage of the club and its players both in the UK and internationally.
- Grow existing senior media relationships to ensure accurate, positive coverage of the team, wherever possible.
- Promote the commercial and sponsorship work of the club, assisting in activating their media requirements with regard to the players.
- Support Commercial, Marketing and Foundation departments on activations involving media commitments for the Women's team players.
- Counsel and brief the Women's team head coach and players on sporting and wider organisational issues, ensuring they are fully prepared for all media activity.
- Manage the relationship of the Women's team with domestic and international media across all platforms, enhancing their standing while providing appropriate access.
- Continue to build contacts with newly emerging (young) media leaders, opinion-formers, institutions on new media platforms, nurturing those relationships early, to pay back in dividends later.
- Manage and mentor Communications Executive.
- Cultivate and maintain close relationships with players' personal PR representatives and agents to ensure Women's team players feel supported by the club, influencing personal media work where possible in the club's favour.
- Proactively seek new opportunities for content and stories.
Measures of Performance:
- Increased awareness of Foundation among fans, stakeholders and media.
- Increased numbers attending Foundation events.
- Positive coverage of Foundation programmes and events.
- Excellent relationships with players and staff.
- Good relationships with all external media, assisting with access to talent and CFC assets to provide positive and impactful coverage.
- Efficient in meeting external broadcast obligations, delivering rights holder obligations effectively.
- High-degree of diplomacy in drafting written correspondence on behalf of the club.
- Previous PR experience working with a sporting team.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of traditional and social media.
- Experience in dealing with high- profile personalities and media issues.
- Able to deal with sensitive situations tactfully and maintain confidentially at all times.
- Experience managing campaigns and events.
- Ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team.
- Confident communicator.
- Experience of working effectively within strict deadlines and in a fast-paced media environment, demonstrating strong proof reading and researching skills.
- Highly-capable writer for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- An excellent understanding of the sporting community social programmes and the Chelsea Foundation's work would be desirable.
- IT self-sufficiency and fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, Work and Outlook is essential.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises.
As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
Internal Communications Lead, Google Cloud Sales
Closing 31 May 2020
Events Program Manager
Closing 31 May 2020
Want more Senior Communications Manager jobs?
Want to find more Affiliate Executive jobs, Affiliate Manager jobs, Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Events Coordinator jobs, Events Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.