Senior Communications Manager (Innovation) - Pharma Supply Chain
Our Pharma Supply Chain is looking for a capable and experienced senior communications manager to help supply chain employees understand their role in delivering our strategic (innovation, performance, trust and culture) priorities, drive our culture change and protect our reputation.
The focus of this role is to develop and implement communication strategies and advise Pharma Supply Chain leaders on all aspects of communications and employee engagement. Working to a dynamic agenda, the role will drive engagement, provide communications support for key operational priorities and issues, build trust with external stakeholders, and manage issues effectively (e.g. product recalls, restructuring).
You will also need to work very closely with communications colleagues in the Corporate and Pharma Local Operating Companies (LOCs) where required to manage issues, so that internal and external communications are seamless.
- Provide strategic counsel to supply chain and site leaders in relation to internal employee engagement, external media environment and issues management.
- Develop and deliver an effective communications strategy and plans to deliver against business priorities.
- Deliver initiatives and projects on behalf of the Pharma Supply Chain CGA team.
- Support the Leadership Team and sites to bring innovation, performance, trust and culture priorities to life for employees.
- Help ensure high employee engagement at manufacturing sites to support execution of business strategy.
- Lead issues management projects to protect GSK’s reputation including network changes and product recalls. Where needed, represent Pharma Supply Chain Communications on Product Incident Review Committees (PIRCs).
- Work closely with other teams in Communications and Government Affairs to manage issues arising that have broader impact on GSK.
You will have a proven track record of developing and delivering communications strategies that are effective at both a global and local level, and experience of engaging a culturally diverse and remote workforce, many of whom are not regular PC users.
You will be an experienced communicator with strong creativity, who is capable of credibly influencing at a senior level.
You will also have the ability to identify and focus on key issues and priorities, to take complex briefs and simplify information quickly, and be able to explain them clearly to both lay and more sophisticated audiences. You may be required to travel. Critically, you must be comfortable working in a matrix team and able to cope with ambiguity and complex issues.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Significant experience in Communications.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong communications planning skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent listening and analytical skills.
- Confident stakeholder engagement and management.
- Proven crisis/issues management experience.
- Experience working with employees in a manufacturing site/supply chain or other remote/virtual environment.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, capable of developing productive relationships with internal colleagues across the supply chain, the broader GSK organisation and externally.
- Ability to work with and influence at all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to work in, and lead teams, often highly matrixed around the company.
- Ability to deliver and present high-quality communications strategies and plans.
- Ability to build trust, always operating with a high degree of integrity and discretion, in line with GSK Values.
- Proactive, flexible and self-motivated – able to work both autonomously and in a team.
- Resilient – able to adapt quickly and positively to change and to cope effectively with pressure and a demanding workload.
- Cultural awareness and ability to work across different geographies .
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. We have 3 primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. We have offices in more than 115 countries, major research centers in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 87 sites globally. Our three strategic priorities are to grow a diversified global business, deliver products of value, and to simplify our operating model.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Events Manager, Europe
Closing 1 September 2020
- Snap Inc.
Commercial Campaign Manager - CVM
Closing 26 August 2020
- Newbury (Remote)
- perm, from remote
Want more Senior Communications Manager (Innovation) - Pharma Supply Chain jobs?
Want to find more Digital Strategists jobs, Planner jobs, Communications Director jobs, Communications Executive jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Media Planner jobs, Strategy Director jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.