Senior Communications Associate
About this Role:
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers who ensure that their products - as well as the benefits of these products - are central to every communication. Our team is responsible for telling Uber's story to a wide range of media and external audiences across the UK.
The Uber app is about much more than getting a safe and reliable ride from A to B - it's transforming how people get around cities, think about car ownership and connect to public transport; positively impacting the daily lives of people who value independent and flexible work. Our small team works to ensure that these stories reach the media and the general public across the UK.
We're looking for a Senior Communications Associate to join our UK communications team. This person will be someone who can pitch proactive stories while handling reactive queries in a busy and fast-paced press office. The role will be based in London and report into our Head of Communications for Northern and Eastern Europe.
What You'll Do:
- Work to tell our story in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and the general public;
- Handle media queries as part of a small but busy communications team which covers both Uber and Uber Eats;
- Lead all our outreach to local and regional media across the UK;
- Work cross-functionally to help manage issues as they arise and shape the business' response;
- Identify opportunities for us to tell our story and manage external requests including speaking events and media bids.
What You'll Need:
To succeed you'll need to be:
- A self starter: We want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. You'll be used to working calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- A creative thinker: You are able to analyse trends and identify creative ways to make Uber relevant. You can build campaigns from scratch and are able to work cross-functionally with various teams to create and amplify ideas.
- A great advocate: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple but credible arguments. You are a strong writer and have the ability to tell stories - about our product and the ways we're working to improve life for riders, drivers and cities.
- A campaigner: We succeed by putting together effective campaigns that make a broader case for the riders and drivers who use our app. You'll work together with our public policy team to find ways to creatively engage and inform the general public.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to work cross-functionally and organise around shared goals. We're looking for someone who has experience working on complex projects to get stuff done.
Ideally you would have at least five years of experience in communications/PR/journalism with a good knowledge of the UK media.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Want more Senior Communications Associate jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Communications Executive jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.