Senior Character Artist - Sanzaru
Oculus Studios and Sanzaru Games are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Character Artist to join our world-class team, bringing to life some of the coolest and most unique VR characters and creatures the world has ever seen. Sanzaru prides itself on crafting interactive content that delivers high quality, immersive experiences that takes players to unimaginable worlds.
We firmly believe to accomplish this requires equal amounts of design, art, and engineering. Everyone at Sanzaru is a contributor. This mentality allows us to create and develop outside the box, providing unique and rich content for players across the world. Sanzaru has shipped countless titles on almost every platform within almost every genre, and we’re not slowing down anytime soon. Sanzaru continues to push the boundaries of interactive entertainment and technology on all fronts.
- Create highly detailed characters, creatures, and props using sculpting, modeling, and texturing skills.
- Translate concept art and design ideas into optimized, efficient, and polished 3D models.
- Follow direction of art leads.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Concept, Tech-Art, Animation, and Design to ensure artwork is efficient, well-realized, and meets the expectations of other departments.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns with team members and lead artists.
- Participate in research and development of latest tools, shaders, technology, and workflows.
- Contribute to building internal community by encouraging artistic development, showcasing workflows, artistic techniques, providing quality feedback, and mentoring others.
- Actively improve skillset by staying on top of industry trends and techniques, new software, and product evaluation.
- 5+ years industry experience as a Character Artist or 3D Artist.
- Portfolio showcasing highly detailed and tastefully executed characters with topology, well-executed textures, accurate anatomy, believable cloth, etc.
- Organic and hard surface modeling skills.
- Expert creating low-poly models with proper edge flow for animation.
- Understanding of topology for rigging and optimal deformation.
- Knowledge and application of anatomy, scale, proportion, silhouette, and color theory.
- Understanding and application of primary, secondary, tertiary forms and high frequency detail.
- Experience generating bakes from high resolution geometry without seams or artifacts.
- Experience to quickly generate optimized UV maps.
- Experience with Marvelous Designer to generate high-resolution cloth.
- Experience painting photorealistic PBR textures with Substance Painter.
- Experience working with and implementing 3D work into unreal or other game engines.
- Understanding of current game-art pipelines and methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of standard art packages such as Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience executing 3D work from concept art, staying true to the concept and extrapolating detail where necessary.
- Experience troubleshooting software issues and learn on the fly.
- Experience tackling challenges and problem solve with a sense of ownership.
- Experience adapting and learning different art styles.
- Experience creating art for VR/AR mediums.
- Figure drawing, sculpting, or other traditional fine art skills.
- Understanding of FACS.
- Experience creating key art or compositions using a variety of software.
- Character rigging experience.
- Portfolio showcasing both stylized and photorealistic 3D artwork.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related suppor
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior 3D Character Artist
Closing 30 April 2023
$88,700 to 133,100 per annum
Senior Staff Technical Character Artist
Closing 20 May 2023
- perm, remote
$98,200 to 147,400 per annum
3D Art Lead
Closing 13 May 2023
- Electronic Arts
- perm, remote
Want more Senior Character Artist - Sanzaru jobs?
Want to find more 3D Modeller jobs, CG Modeller jobs, Character Designer jobs, Model Maker jobs, Modelling jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.