Senior Backend Engineer (Media Understanding) - Twitter
What You'll Do:
- As a Backend Engineer, you’ll develop services and applications building on Twitter’s vast data platform. You’ll develop high throughput Scala web and thrift services on Mesos containers. You’ll work with your team to create software which crunches through billions of data items across tens of thousands of CPU cores using a suite of data processing tools including Scalding, Storm and Summingbird. And you’ll be doing this to power one of the most high-profile applications: Twitter.
- Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with Product, Design, QA and other Engineers to understand users’ needs and refine solutions. You’ll create scalable software architectures, have them reviewed by your peers (and review your peers’ designs), implement, ship and maintain them.
What You Are:
- You’re looking to gain experience working as a member of an agile team on large scale service-based applications. You’ll have a rigorous approach, and learn to understand how to ship high quality, tested code, quickly, using software engineering (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation). You can demonstrate the ability to collaborate and iterate on software design.
- You’ll have an appreciation of solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming, data structures and algorithms, strong experience with Java and preferably Scala.
- Most importantly you’ll display a desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- B.S. in computer science (or comparable)
- Three years or more of professional work experience
- Strong preference for JVM languages. Scala ideal. Fluency in Python, Java, Scala. You also want to learn Scala in greater depth.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Some demonstrable experience designing modifications to existing systems or have prior ownership of a clean-design for a new system.
- Ideally experience of building services that experience high traffic loads is preferable. Knowing about load testing - and having load tested services before is a plus.
- Technically comfortable with the command line and Unix.
- Functional knowledge of distributed systems is useful - especially with regards to failure and state.
- Strong mathematical ability is valued. If you have an understanding of Data Scientist, this would be an amazing advantage to you in interview
- Happy and at your best working in a small, high-growth, and fast paced development environment
Front End Developer
Closing 17 February 2019
- Preferred Choice Limited
- £50,000 to 85,000 p/a
Essex based Senior Front-End Developer
Closing 12 February 2019
- Preferred Choice Limited
- £50,000 to 60,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.