Senior Art Director
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity.
Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
Alexander McQueen is currently looking for a Senior Art Director, who will be responsible for overseeing a small team of creatives, supervising art projects from conception to completion and building key relationships with key stakeholders across both communication and design teams.
How you will contribute:
- Demonstrating a strong knowledge of the House codes and creative direction
- Responsible for overseeing and managing a team of creatives
- Review and present designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by other staff members
- Regularly liaise with clients to continually develop an artistic approach and style
- Coordinate activities with other Communication departments and cross-functionally
- Develop detailed budgets and timelines, working closely with the Head of Production
- Overseeing creatives to ensure they work productively and meet the brief and budget
- Maintaining graphic consistency across all deliverables
- Reviewing graphic materials to assess its validity and appropriateness for the brand
Your Skills and Experience:
- Excellent creative eye with an exceptional understanding of the creative direction of the house
- Strong partnerships with significant industry figures (photographers, editors and directors)
- Strong understanding of digital landscape globally and culture of key social media platforms
- Extensive proven experience Art Directing for a luxury fashion house, ensuring alignment between senior creatives and creative for multiple channels supporting an omni channel approach
- Excellent understanding of the design elements of projects
- Ability to inspire other creative colleagues
- Proven project and budget management experience
- Ability to multitask and prioritise, managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish new relationships with key creative profiles
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a creative yet pragmatic approach to art direction
- Degree in a related discipline
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering, and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs, and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Art Director
Closing 23 August 2022
- Just Eat
Closing 28 August 2022
- Stella McCartney
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.