Senior Art Director Amazon Music
The Amazon Music Creative Studio team is seeking a talented, passionate, expert Senior Art Director to help us up-level and redefine our design approach to podcasts. This is an opportunity to help define the future of podcasting by providing customers with a compelling way to engage with Amazon Music through content, culture and community. This Senior Art Director will drive large programs and initiatives – across brand awareness, acquisition, product marketing, content marketing, programming, and podcast creator relationship efforts. This Senior Art Director will create concepts for approaching key strategic goals – and build out style guides for other designers; both in-house and across agencies. The role will be London-based, but focused on achieving a global approach to work that can be localised and viewed in more than 35 countries. This role will be a definer of how the Amazon Music brand and podcast experience best drives its key messages, ideas, and relationship with customers across different geographies, cultures and tastes, and needs.
The Senior Art Director should have deep knowledge and practical experience working with strategic input briefs as well as making creative briefs, multiple conceptual directions, and style guides at a top consumer-facing brand. As well, the Senior Art Director should be comfortable dealing with multiple stakeholders – across executive through to entry-level ranks and with different types of creative agencies – to get campaigns to their highest quality, most brand defining, best performing, and most efficient place. Because the work is so varied and often fast-paced and high pressure, the person in this role should possess excellent communication, collaboration, and organisational skills.
The following are key responsibilities of the Senior Art Director:
· Creating a clear, differentiated, high-bar and scalable vision for how podcasts on Amazon Music builds its brand, customer base, customer insight, and effectiveness through each creative project its takes on.
· Working on large strategic campaigns – from creative brief to style guide to launch and evaluation.
· Delivery – completing creative briefs, multiple conceptual directions, campaign assets, and retrospectives on project work.
· Presenting to and collaborating with Stakeholders (Business Development Managers, Marketers, Programmers, Product Designers and Managers, Social Newsroom Members, and the like,) to understand their work and what materials might be best to leverage for project and Amazon Music brand, business, and customer goals.
· Working with partner teams – such as Audible, Wondery, Echo/Alexa Marketing, Prime Marketing, Amazon Studios, and the like - to understand their inputs and working to incorporate their needs into the final product of all work.
· Campaign Excellence – making decisions and driving adoption of mechanisms that elevate how we approach campaigns and raise the broader team’s awareness of what’s required to make great use of campaign opportunities.
· Mentorship, agency, and freelance development – the role will have no direct management responsibilities initially, though the Senior Art Director will have responsibilities to guide the creative standards and practice of others involved in project work, especially across the global offices and agency partners.
· Advocacy and Outreach – work with campaign and creative experts across Amazon and beyond the company to share best practices and encourage the breakthrough approaches to campaigns across Amazon.
· Extensive experience working as a Designer, Art Director, Creative Director, or similar role
· Experience leading creative briefs, conceptual design, style guides, and 360-degree campaigns (from cover art to O&O, display, social media, OOH, print, radio/audio, video, and experiential).
· Passion for creating breakthrough creative and scalable processes that elevate work.
· Excellent campaign management, communication and organisational skills
· Passion for Podcasts and Music, with expertise in designing for music, content and culture
· Passion for innovation and entrepreneurship
· Passion for design, creative direction, marketing, programming, and advertising
· Curiosity and interest in voice (Echo, Alexa,) and AI
· Experience with scaling campaign design approaches in a globally distributed organisation
· Experience managing marketing and editorial design projects
· Experience in designing for consumer-focused media and entertainment brands
· Experience working in audio, video, print, OOH, and digital design
· (Masters) Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising, or similar field
Other jobs you may be interested in
Associate Creative Director (Shopper)
Closing 18 December 2021
- Momentum Worldwide
Closing 20 November 2021
- Casual Films
- London (Remote)
- perm, from remote
- £40,000 to 50,000 per annum
Closing 20 December 2021
- Grey London
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.