Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
An opportunity for an experienced Senior Animator or someone looking for that next step in their career.
As Senior Animator you will be creating animation assets for our games under the guidance of your director and the support of other industry veterans. Our catalogue of games covers a wide range of requirements to fit different animation targets and art styles. We take pride in great character animation, ranging from heavily stylised to realistic behaviours, across both cinematic sequences and realtime motion.
Your passion for animation will be pivotal to delivering the quality that we strive for in all our games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a studio with a proven track record of delivering successful AAA titles and to play an important role in our continued success.
- Taking direction from the lead animator and art director to create animation that is consistent with the game's visual design.
- Taking ownership over the animation demands of an entire game feature, from design to implementation.
- Taking an animation all the way from creation to the game engine, using our in-house tools.
- Carrying out supporting animation tasks to ensure a clean representation of our team’s animations in the game engine.
- Able to mentor and help develop junior members of the team.
- An excellent understand of rigging, deformation and underlying software principles that are required to develop animation rigs.
- Ability to discuss rigging ideas and processes that will impact the animators.
- An eye for rigging, anatomy principals and detail, to construct world class animation rigs.
- Great analytical and problem solving skills.
- A willingness to confidently take on and provide feedback for your own development and the development of others.
- A rigging showreel that demonstrates an excellent understanding of character rigging principals.
- Professional experience using Maya.
- Professional experience within Unreal, Unity or other games engines, with regards to rigging.
- Experience using Python scripting within Maya.
- A showreel that demonstrates rigging capabilities for both quadrupedal and bipedal creatures, as well as hard body props.
- Knowledge of other 3D animation packages (3ds max, Blender, XSI etc.).
- Knowledge of game development pipelines.
- Experience working in AAA games development.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Want more Senior Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.