Senior Animator - XDefiant
Ubisoft Studio San Francisco is looking for a talented Senior Animator who can bring life to characters for our new game development, XDefiant. The Sr. Animator will create best in class, first person and other game-play animations. The project requires realistic physics of character movements with a game 1st approach, to create authentic weapons and other user facing related actions.
The ideal candidate should have experience crafting hand-keyed animations, as well as being able to edit motion-capture data. The successful candidate will have extensive first person shooter and competitive games experience. You are technical enough to work in Animation graphs yet are committed to your artistry and craft! You feel comfortable having a voice in the direction of yours and others work. You are a mentor supporting the team's less experienced members by sharing knowledge and coaching them to level up!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with the Animation Lead and Director to develop game play animations
- Animate assets for use in game, as well as some more cinematic work.
- Work closely with Design and other departments to facilitate game-play tuning, balance and user facing expectations
- Work with artists and engineers to assure you are capable of creating your best work!
- Create work from scratch through polish as well as take on and polish data in various states of progress
- Interact with Technical Artists and Technical Animators to define Character Animation Pipeline needs and improvements
- Develop and adhere to quality review processes. Receive and express feedback to other in open forums
- Play the game
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Senior level of game, film or commercial animation experience
- At least 2 shipped AAA title on present or previous generation hardware
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Understanding of implementing animations in game
- Experience with motion capture
- Experience with Maya and/or 3DS Max
- Experience with Motion Builder
- Deep understanding of anatomy and motion
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks to meet deadlines
- Clear communication skills
- Have worked extensively on first person weapon related games
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US:
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior VFX Artist (Apex Legends)
Closing 4 April 2023
- Electronic Arts
- perm, remote
$107,450 to 166,550 per annum
Freelance Video Editor
Closing 28 March 2023
- 21st Century Fox
- freelance, remote
$Dependent on education, skills, experience, and location
Closing 3 April 2023
- perm, remote
$133,000 to 199,400 per annum
Want more Senior Animator - XDefiant jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.