Senior Animator - Maxis (The Sims)
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our guide is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but aim to build a world as it could be.
Teams are building the next generation game and creative platform, Project Rene, and reimagining The Sims that players know and love with even more new ways to play.
We're excited you're interested to learn more about how you can join our team and dream big.
You will be reporting to our Senior Development Director within Maxis EU.
- Experience as a gameplay animator contributing to all phases of game production on a AAA title
- Expert in creating full body keyframe animation with a primary emphasis on full body character performance in Maya.
- Experience providing aesthetic feedback to a small group of Animators.
- Decision-making attitude for self or others.
- Excellent technical comprehension about designing animation state machines in a game engine such as Unity, Unreal or similar.
- Experience evaluating human/creature/object rigs for production
- Experience keeping project partners informed on project status and risks and collaborating with diverse groups such as: Design, Production, Engineering, Art, Modelling, VFX, and Audio
- A mindset that focuses on quality, collaboration, innovation, and accountability.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Create a variety of high-quality keyframe animations and overseeing their implementation from brainstorming through the testing and bug fixing.
- Work with the Director and Discipline Lead to ensure quality, animation style, and philosophy are maintained for work you or others produce.
- Enhance our discipline, by mentoring animators, creating learning material, and spreading knowledge across the animation team.
- Oversee the design of complex animation trees, state machines, and driving thoughtful technical implementation to meet design goals, creating documentation.
- Tracking and oversight of animation assets hook up to support great gameplay.
- Estimate and help scope exercises to ensure animation can meet production schedules.
About Electronic Arts:
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Lead VFX Artist
Closing 1 August 2023
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Closing 5 August 2023
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
- Knutsford, Remote
- perm, remote
Graphic Design & Video Editor
Closing 2 August 2023
- Post Office
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Want more Senior Animator - Maxis (The Sims) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.