Senior Animator - ILM TV
Responsible for designing and creating the motion of computer graphics characters within a shot while overseeing the animation of a sequence of shots on a specific production.
- Lead creation of outstanding animation for graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using various animation software programs.
- Comprehend and execute direction from Lead Animator or Animation Supervisor.
- May supervise the work of entry, mid and mid-high level animators at the discretion of the Animation Supervisor.
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Expected to train and mentor new Animators as well as provide technical assistance to the show supervisors before and during the production.
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in traditional animation.
- Significant experience working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation with experience working on feature films.
- Significant experience working at Mid-Level Animator level in conjunction with recommendations for advancement by the Animation Supervisors and the Department Manager.
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
- Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references.
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting; expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs.
- Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques.
- Knowledge of both the CG production pipeline and the other production processes at ILM.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Closing 13 August 2019
- Depending experience
Motion Graphic Designer
Closing 13 August 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Want more Senior Animator - ILM TV jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.