Senior Android Engineer - American Express
Anyone can have an innovative idea. Here they get heard.
We’re looking for an Android Engineer to work on mobile applications that will be used by tens of millions of American Express cardholders around the world. We want someone with strong technical skills and creativity; someone who enjoys solving tough problems and working with new technologies. This person should not be shy about sharing their ideas, and be obsessive about user experience and beautiful code.
As an Android Engineer, you’ll be part of the Mobile Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Mobile Engineering’s aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced small-team environment with the stability of working as part of a Fortune 100 company. Your primary responsibility will be to work with a small team of designers and engineers developing mobile products. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies popular in Android, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas with your team despite some ambiguity.
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of apps that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- Work closely with other developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Contribute insights into ways to improve the processes and tools used on the Android team
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in a fast moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Collaborate with your project manager and other software developers to plan
- design, develop, test, and maintain the Android application
- Provide thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
- Assist in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple teams
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field.
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps (RxJava, MVP, Kotlin, etc), mobile payments, and wearables
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Android Development and 7 years of experience in Software Development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Great knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Excellent technical knowledge of Java for Android, Android SDK and Android Studio
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and how to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience working with testing libraries like Espresso and Junit
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (CI) and its use in testing, building and
- deploying Android apps
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Understanding of code versioning using git, github and gitflow.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
Experience with payments technology is a plus
Closing 21 July 2018
- £30,000 p/a
Senior UX Designer and UX Designers
Closing 4 July 2018
- Cambridge University Press
- perm, temp, temp to perm
Want more Senior Android Engineer - American Express jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.