Senior 3D Environment Artist
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
We are looking for a Senior 3D Environment Artist to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively-multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for fantastic people to join our world-class team to help grow Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
As Senior Environment Artist you will use your expertise in art principles and computer packages in being responsible for high-quality original artwork that often displays innovative solutions when answering briefs. You will be able to take high-level creative direction and estimate, schedule and execute relevant level-of-detail artwork, depending on the stage of the creative process. You will be able to help mentor more junior artists and work collaboratively across the team to ensure the best possible ideas are professionally presented and realised in-game.
- Able to integrate assets and textures produced in Unity respecting the technical and artistic constraints
- Able to accurately plan and estimate workload
- Able to verify the work-quality once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
- Able to communicate with the level designers and modify game-assets to their requirements.
- Efficiently uses texture space and takes into consideration pixel ratio.
- Efficiently uses texture space and takes into consideration the texel density for lightmap UVs
- Able to take a block out from Level Designers and turn it into a fully lit and crafted level following technical and artistic constraints
- Being familiar and comfortable with agile-methodologies
- Strong artistic ability to visualize entire levels in detail with minimal concept art and direction
- Extensive knowledge of Unity 2019.3
- Excellent understanding of art fundamentals – compositions, shape language, color theory
- Proficiency in Autodesk Maya 2019
- Understanding the necessity of technical constraints
- Excellent knowledge of modeling techniques and texture mapping such as:
- Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean models efficiently.
- Knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter as well as Photoshop
- Bonus Requirement: Good knowledge of Unity 2019.3’s lightmap tool and other related lighting tools in the engine
- Bonus Requirement: Fundamental Z-Brush skills
- Version Control, Perforce and GiT
- Ability to mentor more junior artists
- Able to take ownership over certain aspects of the game
- 3+ years of professional experience in games, modeling environments using Maya, or related experience/software
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer industry leading salaries, flexible working hours including remote working and other benefits such as private healthcare and dental care.
How to apply & really impress us:
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 16 March 2022
- Studio Gobo Limited
Closing 8 March 2022
- Electronic Arts
Closing 13 March 2022
- Design Bridge
Want more Senior 3D Environment Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Environmental Designer jobs, 3D Designer jobs, Concept Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.