Senior 3D Character Artist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Bluepoint Games has begun the exciting work of original development and seeks passionate, industry-leading talent to join our pursuit in crafting Game-of-the-Year quality titles. Our studio is renowned for critically acclaimed titles that exceeded what the world expected of us, from the remaster of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, to the remake of Shadow of the Colossus, and most recently the PS5 launch title Demon's Souls.
We are looking for a SENIOR 3D CHARACTER ARTIST to join our team on a full time basis. Help us create unique assets for AAA titles developed for current-generation home video game consoles. We are preferably looking for an individual with senior-level experience, but open to mid-level experience with exceptional talent and a true passion for creating cutting edge character art.
Please note: This is not an entry-level or mid-level position.
- Create high-quality game ready character models
- Sculpt highly detailed geometry
- Retopologize sculpted geometry to game-ready models
- Create high-quality texture maps for use in a PBR workflow
- Transfer high-resolution model detail to texture maps
- Apply and modify cutting edge material techniques
- Layout efficient and quality UVs
- Maintain character functionality and animation ability throughout the model iteration process
- Develop and learn the latest art creation technologies
- Collaborate with fellow artists, Team Leads, and our Engineering and Design teams to produce the highest quality characters
- Expert level sculpting skills in ZBrush
- Strong knowledge of Maya modeling tools
- Expertise of Substance Painter and Photoshop for texturing
- Full understanding of game workflows and pipelines
- Desire to learn new techniques and technologies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Drawing/painting skills to convey ideas
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the game development industry with at least one shipped title (excluding academic projects)
- A portfolio reflecting high-quality game art
The ideal candidate shall also have
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer
- Understanding of character skeleton and skinning techniques
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Technical Artist, Procedural
Closing 18 January 2023
- Neo Cybernetica
- Boston / Remote
- perm, remote
VFX Artist (Contract)
Closing 17 January 2023
3D Art Lead
Closing 25 January 2023
- Electronic Arts
- perm, remote
Want more Senior 3D Character Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, 3D Designer jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, CG Modeller jobs, Character Designer jobs, Model Maker jobs, Modelling jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.