Senior 3D Artist
Future Games of London is a Ubisoft studio that designs, develops and operates free-to-play mobile and digital console games. Founded in September 2009, FGOL create original and unique games such as the Hungry Shark series which has been enjoyed by over half a billion people worldwide.
We are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a forward thinking studio in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
Over the next 5 years, we expect to be typically developing two to three projects in parallel, with regularly scheduled new releases added to our catalogue.
Ubisoft FGOL is looking for a Senior 3D Artist to join the studio’s established Marketing Department and Marketing Art Team.
As a senior your skills and technical experience in the field will be essential for inspiring, coaching and collaborating with cross-disciplined team members whilst maintaining a positive team environment. You must have the ability to see the bigger picture and utilise your own skillsets in order to bring an idea to life. You must be a good communicator, whether in person or via email to communicate your ideas. You will also need a deep knowledge and strong track record in creating and executing marketing tasks or brand campaigns.
The ideal Candidate is a multiskilled individual who possess a combination of outstanding 3D art skills for posing, lighting and rendering models and scenes, as well as an impeccable graphic design eye.
We are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated, forward thinking company in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You will be expected to be fully proficient in a variety of Creative key areas among which 3D Modelling and Rendering.
The position would suit a Senior (3D) Marketing Artist, a Creative 3D Designer or someone from a similar creative role with excellent 3D Modelling skills and understanding and a keen eye for the creation of on-brand outstanding piece of Art. If this sounds like you, get in touch to find out more!
We would be looking to fill this position as soon as possible but are willing to wait for the right candidate.
- Create outstanding Key Arts and other industry specific marketing Art assets for iOS and Google Play Stores
- Light and pose 3D models and set up a scene using in game assets and Production models
- Develop Art Assets for Social Media Campaigns
- Actively contribute creative ideas in team brainstorms
- Maintain a consistent image for the games, brands and the studio as a whole
- Autonomously create assets for campaigns across web, mobile and traditional media to spec
- Liaise with the Production Art Team and the Art Director to ensure Assets and models used within Marketing are always the most up to date
- Maintain consistent naming and filing structures for internal NAS systems, as well as our digital asset management platform
- Assist the Lead Marketing Artist with external contractors, partners, media and creative agencies where needed
- Character, Environment and Objects Modelling and Texturing
- High end lighting, rendering and post effects
- Experience and Knowledge on how to pose pre-rigged characters
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and juggling various projects simultaneously
- Experience with digital marketing campaigns
- Experience with working in small teams successfully
- Working knowledge of the mobile games industry, trends and good practices
- Outstanding knowledge of Art software:
- Packages: 3D Studio Max and/or Blender
- Rendering engines: V Ray and/or Eevee
- Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro
- 5-8 years of experience working in a similar creative 3D led role
- Ability and passion to learn and expand professional and technical skills
- Previous experience in game studios or creative agencies
- Experience in making games marketing assets is very beneficial as is an interest in games, digital marketing and new technologies
- Rigging Experience is not a must but would be beneficial
- Advanced video editing skills in Premiere Pro
- Working with motion graphics and 2D animation in After Effects
- Animation of 3D models would be a plus
- Drawing and illustration skills
- Experience using Trello
COVID 19 note:
Both Ubisoft and FGOL are committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff. We are currently working remotely during the stages of lockdown the UK has been subject to. Our offices have been set up to meet strict health and safety standards appropriate to the challenges of COVID 19, and we currently keep any physical attendance to a minimum. Our policies are constantly reviewed and may change over time as the risk level varies.
Ubisoft FGOL offers its employees some great benefits which include:
- Flexible office working hours
- 25 days of annual leave + 8 UK Bank holiday + Christmas company day(s) off
- 1 day off if you get married (Wedding Day)
- Mobile and Table Allowance
- Game Allowance
- Duvet Day
- Personal Travel Allowance
- Home Office Furniture Loan Scheme
- Sick pay
- Fresh fruit selection delivered 3 times a week, Free monthly breakfasts, Team Lunches
- Beer fridge & Selected wines + other beverages
- Weekly Football, Snooker table, ping pong tournaments, poker nights, Office events, social gatherings, Fun Games room
- Birthday Cakes/Cards
- Summer & Christmas parties, Roof terrace area
- Training Budgets
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare, Reduced gym membership, life insurance, critical illness & Disability cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan (for tube/rail costs), Annual mobile phone/tablet allowance
- Profitability bonus
- Recruitment Referral Fee awards
Other jobs you may be interested in
Character TD (Rigger) (DNEG Animation)
Closing 13 December 2021
Closing 13 December 2021
Closing 13 December 2021
Want more Senior 3D Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, 3D Designer jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, 3D Animator jobs, CG Modeller jobs, Character Animator jobs, Character Designer jobs, Model Maker jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.