Senior 2d Compositor
About The Role:
Our Senior 2D Compositors are wonderful visual storytellers. They help to define the mood, atmosphere and depth of our narratives, and highlight the charming details of our characters, props and environments.
As a Senior 2D Compositor you will be collaborating with our directors and supervisors to composite and complete the final look of the show.
We anticipate this role to start in June with the contract lasting for 5 months.
Due to the current government guidelines on the continuing pandemic, all job opportunities we offer will remain remote for the foreseeable future.
Day to Day:
- Level & composite characters onto finished backgrounds.
- Apply FX, parallax & multiplane motion to enhance finished scenes.
- Apply lighting, shading and colour effects to help boost the visual appeal of a scene when requested.
- Collaborate with the directors & supervisors to meet weekly production requirements/demands.
- Apply feedback from the director and creator to achieve their vision.
- Follow the proper naming conventions established by the production pipeline.
- Assist Jnr compositors where needed.
- Ability to work collaboratively, as well as independently.
- An appreciation of accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
- Work diligently and efficiently to meet production deadlines.
- Solid knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony’s composition tools & workflow.
- Experience in compositing on an animated production.
- Portfolio should show an aptitude for: composition, colour, perspective & motion.
- Highly skilled using Toon Boom Harmony and the ability to troubleshoot software challenges.
- Professional communication skills, able to take artistic direction & work within a production schedule.
- Experience working on Kids TV.
- Strong experience using Photoshop.
- Familiar navigating rigged Harmony assets.
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world. Blue Zoo believes that a healthy balance in our lives - whatever our situation - is key to supporting the wellbeing of our staff. We offer flexible working to support this.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Inclusive self-funded shorts programme.
- Many fun social events throughout the year - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable!
- Bi-monthly staff feedback and engagement programme.
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including loads of discounts and offers.
- Online wellbeing programme.
- Profit participation (for staff who have been with us for 2+ years).
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Want more Senior 2d Compositor jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, Lighting Designer jobs, 2D Animator jobs, VFX Artist jobs, Character Designer jobs, Compositor jobs, Lighting Designer jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.