Script Editor for Circus Street
Circus Street is an exciting business specializing in digital media & marketing. We combine this with an unconventional learning experience, which is educational & entertaining. Each of our 100,000 users, across 125 countries, can attest to the transformative impact of the Circus Street experience. Our team is currently 90 members strong in the UK office with plans to continue the current growth trajectory.
- Overseeing the script editing process from the draft stage through to final sign off of the Director’s script
- Collaborating with subject-matter experts and Content Executives to ensure all lessons are properly sourced and contain up to date information
- Crafting scripts and overseeing edits that ensure lessons are always engaging, entertaining, and that challenging subjects are easily understood
- Working with Content Executives to ensure all scripts are to a high standard
- In charge of the creative look, feel and tone of Circus Street lessons - leading final tone editing and sign off of lesson scripts
- Working with the animation team to help them to develop animation sequences and interactions
- Close collaborate with the producer to ensure all aspects of the script are ready for shoot deadlines
- Attend an oversee voice over sessions when required
- Attend video shoots to assist the producer when required Education,
Experience and Skills Required
- Exceptional English Language skills
- At least 3 years’ editing experience
- Experience of scripting for film or animation
- A great storyteller - the ability to create engaging and thoughtful content
- Appreciation of visual arts and visual storytelling
- Interest in digital education
- Happy to work independently or collaboratively as part of a wider team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Copes with fast-paced environment
- Curiosity - desire to learn / ability to research subject areas
- Project Management skills
The team and your typical working day!
A typical day starts with the entire office piling into the kitchen to get a good cup of coffee. And, then the content team will gather together for a quick stand up so we can catch up on what everyone has been up to, and what the plan is for the day ahead.
A senior script editor will likely be checking in with the content executives to make sure they’re on track for the next shoot, looking through the information submitted by our subject-matter-experts to make sure we have everything we need before planning out what the next lesson will look like, or working with one of the animators to make sure the storytelling is on point.
In the run up to lunch we’ll have to decide whether to take part in a cookery class led by one of the animators, don our exercise gear to go out on a run led by our IT guy or just to simply take a break and have some lunch!
We make sure there’s time for reflection and learning in any given week, so we’ll all sit down and watch one of our lessons every Thursday and discuss as a team what worked and what we could do better next time.
We’ve also just introduced a session called ‘Storytelling Time’ where we’ll watch different types of content, from films to YouTube clips to see if we can learn from them and incorporate new techniques into our lessons.
Every week is different but typically, as you might imagine, will involve lesson planning, writing, editing, and a little bit of time for a Friday quiz or two.
To be successful at Circus Street
You will be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial outlook. The Script Editor will possess energy and enthusiasm to maintain a robust content production process and work closely with the Content team to ensure the smooth running between the content and production teams.
They will deliver engaging and insightful lesson scripts. They will view themselves and wordsmiths who enjoy research. They will possess excellent communication skills and be flexible, pro-active and willing to act on their own initiative. The role will report to the Head of Education who describes herself as thoughtful, collaborative and a bit chatty. They will help to drive and deliver new lessons and refresh current lessons.
We are looking for someone who possesses the following attributes:
- Self-Starter - ability to execute on your own initiative
- Passion - for all things digital and a wordsmith
- Highly Energetic Personality - a motivator
- Goal Oriented - naturally motivated to reach business goals
- Leadership - create a collaborative atmosphere between the Content and Production teams and oversee the content team’s production requirements
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills - Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; this is especially important with regards to the working relationship between the content and production teams
- Maturity - provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; Is forthright and confident; Able to operate independently
- Professional - unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character
- Attitude - positive, can-do and adaptable
- Good Bones - respectful and caring attitude towards employees and colleagues, collaborative and helpful approach
- 25 days holiday
- Group Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
- Discounts on healthcare, dining, days out and more...
- A dedicated wellness manager whose job it is to look after the physical and mental health of our employees
- Seminars on exercise and eating
- Workshops on health, wellbeing and cookery classes
- Fresh fruit, vegetables & healthy snacks, communal eating areas and monthly Birthday
- Free access to Circus Streets’ suite of Digital Training Courses
Copywriter/Sub Editor/Translator - French language skills
Closing 16 May 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £120 to 150 /day
Sub Editor (German language skills) #Lux #Fashion
Closing 9 May 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £120 to 150 /day
Want more Script Editor jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs, Assistant Script Editor jobs, Script Co-ordinator jobs, Script Editor jobs, Script Supervisor jobs, Script Writer jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.