Script Editor DOCTORS for BBC
With over 350 hours of in-house output a year, BBC Scripted is making some of the most original, diverse and highly acclaimed television. These range from continuing drama such as Holby City, Casualty, EastEnders and Doctors, to series and serials such as Silent Witness, Luther and Our Girl to name just a few.Role Responsibility
As Script Editor you will ensure commissioned scripts are delivered to a standard and conform to the editorial brief, as well as providing advice on all script related matters associated with the production. You will act as a key point of contact between the writer and the production team, and manage and build the relationship. As well as coordinating script changes, you will generate creative story ideas and suggestions about specific episodes.Are you the right candidate?
It’s really important you have the necessary skills we’re looking for.
- You should demonstrate prior experience of script editing ideally on a TV drama series.
- You should have significant experience in generating creative ideas and treatments and experience of working with new and experienced writers under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- You should also have strong communication, negotiation, influencing and persuading skills and the ability to work within a team and on your own initiative.
- It is important that you have an understanding of the copyright law, Writers Guild agreements, contracts and the legal implications for production processes.
- You should have an awareness of the financial consequences of editorial decisions.
- You should have a thorough knowledge of script sources and the availability and potential of emerging talent.
- An enthusiasm and interest in BBC Scripted, especially Doctors.
A generic job description is attached.Package Description
This role is a BAND C
Please note that this is a generic job description for a Script Editor. Please refer to the advert for specific requirements of this role.
- This is a 1 year FTC/ attachment
- Interviews will be held Mon 28/01/2019
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.