Safety Communication PM/Script Writer
Amazon is looking for an enthusiastic Safety Communication Project Manager to join the Workplace Health and Safety Team. We’re not an average company and this is definitely not your average project management position. We’ll give you the opportunity to make a difference to our communication experience across the globe. At Amazon, we obsess about the safety of our people and partners — they are our customer.
Our people trust us because we provide a safe work environment. Our unwavering commitment is to deliver the best technologies and practices that meet and exceed expectations. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us educate and empower the people who care for and deliver on our customer promise - we need you.
This role is focused on improving internal communication between safety teams – focusing on the what and why, so that our safety field teams can be the voices in our locations. This highly-collaborative individual will focus on engaging with our safety teams in the EU, while translating complicated projects, policies and initiatives into accessible content. The ideal candidate is a well-organized and experienced communicator, with excellent project management and writing skills. This role will work closely with internal safety resources, internal communications, employee relations and external stakeholders to coordinate research and outreach efforts, and develop targeted, multi-media communications tactics and materials.
As being part of the larger team, this individual will collaborate with others who have graphic design, digital production and animation experience. In order to complement the skills of this team, the ideal candidate is an experienced script writer, who can write scripts for videos, emails, posters, websites and other communication vehicles. The tone of voice will be casual, yet assertive, as aligned with Amazon’s internal branding guidelines.
· Partner with EU safety to understand topics that need to be cascaded to the safety teams, and develop/present a plan to meet these needs.
· Develop concepts, modalities and methods of delivery for the messages.
· Develop content which is engaging, informative and topical.
· Writes scripts for a targeted audience, using literary skills to develop themes for appropriate scripts based off teams content strategy.
· Engage in research for informing and verifying factual content of written work.
· Conduct interviews either face to face, over the telephone or by email for the purpose of producing scripts.
· Participates in team meetings and production meetings actively and provide status updates to Communications Lead.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communication, English or any other related field from an accredited college or university or equal job industry knowledge.
· Five (5) years’ experience in corporate communication for a multi-national company with practical experience in scriptwriting.
· Strong command of the English language and the ability to write a compelling story.
· Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to distill complex technical and business concepts into crisp, user-friendly communications.
· Experience working in different mediums such as video and podcasts, and for a multi-national, multi-lingual company.
· Experience developing and implementing content curation, intake, and editorial review workflows.
· Experience establishing and tracking email and website performance metrics, with demonstrable success using performance data to drive continuous improvement.
· Understanding of marketing campaign development and the various mediums and channels to execute a campaign: video, website, social, digital marketing, email, paid advertising.
· Experience collaborating with marketing and creative departments.
· Creative thinker who can provide new creative solutions.
· Meticulous proofreader.
· Ability to take responsibility for copy development.
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
· Demonstrates initiative and follow-through.
· Effectiveness in pitching ideas to stakeholders.
· Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office products.
· Working knowledge of Adobe products – with ability to do voice over work & other production related tasks.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Journalist - GAMINGbible
Closing 8 September 2020
- LADbible Group
VP Integrated Marketing & Brand
Closing 8 September 2020
Want more Safety Communication PM/Script Writer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Project Manager jobs, Writer jobs, Communications Executive jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Project Manager jobs, Assistant Script Editor jobs, Script Editor jobs, Script Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.