STUDIO MODEL BOOKER FOR NEW LOOK
At New Look, everything we do is for the love of fashion. Without following that core belief, we wouldn’t be where we are now. But, what else does it take to be one of the biggest brands on the UK’s high street? We think that it comes down to our employees – and our mission to be the go-to destination for men’s, women’s and teen’s clothing and accessories.
Our motto? Keep it simple. Be brave. Think customer. Act with pace. Take responsibility. That’s the New Look way. If that sounds like you, we’d like to have you on our team! We’re always searching for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to take New Look to exciting places.
• Managing all model and freelance bookings, optioning and castings across women’s, men’s, petite and curve product shoots ensuring brand-sensitive bookings.
• Creative ability to understand the New Look model aesthetic for boys and girls and cast accordingly.
• Maintaining strong working relationships with both UK and International modelling agencies and scouts with the ability to negotiate on rates and usage and to also secure the highest quality ecom models ensuring we reach new faces before our competition.
• Constant liaison with contacts within the model industry to ensure we maximise our position in the market and ensure agencies put us first.
• Manage all bookings for children for 915-product range, organising model selection and castings whilst ensuring child licenses, safe-guarding policies and risk assessments are in place.
• Ensuring all guidelines for booking child models are adhered to and manage the relationship with the agencies and chaperones.
• Responsibility for all WW specialist models (including Curve, Petite, Maternity).
• Keep an up-to-date model document to present to Directors on a quarterly basis.
• Creating and managing a scouting schedule to find fresh talent exclusively for New Look. Have the ability to recognise raw talent we can develop.
• Develop a good understanding of the New Look model aesthetic and portfolio of brands.
• Managing invoices from model agencies and freelancers and manage the budget and overall spend for the photography department. Ensure we are always within our budget and get the best rates.
• Sourcing new Hair and Make-Up artists. Trialling both models and HMU artists and organising trial days with agencies.
• Excellent understanding of the business and department priorities.
• Ownership of growing new faces, working alongside studio team to maximise each models potential.
• Continually sourcing new models per week to fullfill demand- using all methods and media to sustain the demand and agreed targets.
• Constant liasion with contacts within the model industry to ensure we maximise our position in the market.
• Responsible for morning model check-in process, chasing models in case of lateness and communication with agencies
• Experience within a model booking role / agency environment is required
• Degree level qualifications preferred
• Strong awareness of model analysis using this information to make casting decisions.
• PC Literate Excel Word
• Outstanding negotiating skills and management of contracts, usages and block bookings
• Understanding of a Photography Studio / Ecommerce environment
• Understand how model booking works and how a model agency operates
• Ability to "think outside the box" to find models.
Why New Look?
Our internal career progression is celebrated and encouraged. Plus, we offer bonus schemes, season ticket loans, a huge staff discount of 40% and amazing deals across a number of different businesses.
If you’re still not convinced…
• Every Friday we finish at 4pm
• We have an exciting new Kitchen & Coffee Bar for your enjoyment: The Hub
Want to be a New Looker? We guessed you would! Apply now to find out more.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.