SEO and Content Manager - 9-12 month FTC
This is a 9-12 month Fixed Term contract to cover maternity leave.
You will work cross functionally with marketing, product and creative teams, as well as business stakeholders, agencies, and other partners to define and deliver the SEO and Content strategy for our business.
This will involve running multiple SEO and Content projects at once, driving activities to boost our rankings, engage our audience and shape Admiral’s expert voice across all products and UK brand websites (Admiral, Bell, Diamond, Elephant).
- Take the lead in effectively improving our organic search visibility by utilising SEO content best practices including keyword research, competitor comparison, gap analysis and on site optimisation with engaging, user centred, and data driven content.
- Monitor the SEO health of the website and work closely with the Marketing Optimisation Team to analyse results of SEO conversion tests and apply key findings.
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to produce an editorial content plan and deliver integrated campaigns which work effectively across all communication channels.
- Manage the relationship with our SEO agency and internal developers, working with them to monitor web rankings for core product pages, identify recommendations and implement technical SEO priorities.
- Lead the link building strategy, considering new opportunities with potential partners or influencers, and managing the delivery of four large outreach campaigns per year.
- Manage the content planning and creation process, including brainstorming, copywriting, creating content briefs, proofreading and editing internal and externally commissioned copy.
- Oversee SEO and Content budget spend, ensuring that accurate financial records are kept and value for money from suppliers.
- Monitor, measure and report on search visibility results every week, and additional search marketing activities each month, sharing any key findings and lessons learned.
- Produce and commission SEO friendly blog content for the Magazine section of admiral.com which is included in the monthly e-newsletter sent to millions of customers.
- Hold monthly meetings with the Product Support team and conduct review of all web copy every six months to ensure full compliance with FCA regulations.
- Liaise with business wide teams to maintain brand tone of voice consistency across customer facing communication including letters, emails, web chat responses and quote engine copy.
- Line manage the Content Editor and SEO Executive, taking responsibility for their development and providing guidance to junior team members where relevant .
- Deliver projects from concepts to final output within tight deadlines, ensuring that internal processes are followed and the relevant approvals are in place.
- You’ll be expected to complete regular company-wide internal training as well as any external training relating to the role.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of SEO and content marketing best practice.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Strategic and analytical mindset with a creative eye.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to prioritise workload while being flexible to change.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proactive, flexible team player with a strong work ethic.
Educational Qualifications Required:
- A degree or equivalent.
- An understanding of editing and producing plain HTML for web pages.
We're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company. We have forward-thinking approaches and provide endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a Best Place to Work: our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion have created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, feel valued.
Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into a multi-national organisation. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now present in eight countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas:
Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance:
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we're voted no. 1 in the 2019 Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email.
Content Producer - Trails (Part-time)
Closing 2 December 2020
- perm, part time
Want more SEO and Content Manager - 9-12 month FTC jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, SEO Specialist jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.