SEO Writer - BristolLive
The home of creativity, live news and a love of all things Bristol, BristolLive attracts millions of pageviews every single month. We report on the things that matter to our readers, from the toppling of the Colston statue and subsequent impact on the city to every significant Covid development and the latest shop and restaurant openings.
We have an exciting opportunity for an SEO Writer to join the team. As SEO Writer you will ensure we’re reaching as many people in as many communities as possible with clever targeted content. We are looking for passion in this area and knowledge of how to optimise content for search above any formal qualifications.
Working within a newly-established regional team of Bristol, Somerset and Gloucestershire, we’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds. We want you to lead our teams to deliver the stories you believe are important from our many communities.
What will I be doing?
- Using search tools to research and understand the topics people are searching for.
- Identifying topics which local brands can legitimately become an authority in.
- Building communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and become engaged with readers about those stories.
- Ensuring every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication.
The Ideal Candidate:
Who are we looking for?
- You will have an understanding of search engine optimisation (SEO) and skills in producing content which works in search.
- You will love telling creative and accurate stories which engage an audience.
- You will have creative flair and an awareness of quality digital storytelling.
- We want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many diverse communities as we seek to grow new audiences.
- We would love you to be social media savvy with experience of building your own brand and community.
So, who are we?
BristolLive is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too. Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Want more SEO Writer - BristolLive jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.