SEO Manager - River Island
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
River Island is now looking for an experienced SEO manager to optimise our natural search performance for all River Island domains. Sitting within the Direct Channel Marketing team, this role offers great potential for growth for you within the business.
In this role you will have:
- Full ownership of the SEO channel including strategy development and budget ownership for all River Island domains - UK/US/AU/FR
- Management of all aspects of SEO, leading relevant areas of the business on KW research, link building, analysis and website auditing
- Commercial focus, ensuring that all product areas are optimised for ROI and profitability
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting on activities and results against core KPI’s along with recommendations on future strategy
- Working with internal stakeholders to ensure SEO campaigns are reported on effectively and results are communicated to relevant stakeholders within eCommerce and marketing departments
- Developing close relationships with eCommerce, PR, IT and marketing stakeholders
- Developing and managing external agency and consultant relationships as required
- Working closely with the eCommerce development team to advise on MVT testing to improve conversion rate from SEO traffic
- Working closely with the social and content teams to ensure SEO considerations are being taken into account and maximised
- Working closely with the PPC manager to understand the relationship between SEO and PPC and advise on the best strategy for driving incremental search traffic and revenue
- Working closely with the eCommerce product teams to ensure that the onsite and offsite strategy is aligned to core product pushes
- Key involvement in the internal project to update the search and merchandising platform providing recommendations to optimise natural search performance
- Ensuring up to date with industry trends, competitor activity, innovations and opportunities within the SEO space
- Ensuring up to date and establishing a full understanding of SERP changes, developing strategies to gain the most from SERP changes
- Be an SEO evangelist, passionately presenting to internal stakeholders on all areas of SEO to educate the business and improve SEO performance
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Minimum of 3 years SEO experience essential – client or agency side
- Minimum of 1 years management experience essential – client or agency side
- Previous experience working on SEO for fashion retailer desirable
- Keen interest in fashion
- Passion for SEO
- Strong analytical skills including budgeting and forecasting capability
- Ability to create innovative out of the box ideas and challenge the status quo
- Web Analytics - Omniture preferable but not essential
- Experienced user of SEO Tools – Google Search Console/Webmaster, Hitwise, Link Building (e.g. Majestic SEO/Open Explorer) Crawler Software (e.g. Screaming Frog/Deepcrawl)
- Foreign language skills desirable but not essential
- Technical understanding
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% staff discount
- Pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Ride to work scheme
- On-site gym membership
- On-site staff shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking
- Giver Island
SEO Manager - Jack Wills
Closing 17 July 2018
- JACK WILLS
Email Marketing Specialist - Jack Wills
Closing 17 July 2018
- JACK WILLS
Want more SEO Manager - River Island jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, PPC Manager jobs, SEO Account Executive jobs, SEO Account Manager jobs, SEO Specialist jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.