SEO Content Writer
We are looking for a SEO Content writer with proven work experience as a content writer, copywriter or similar role to be part of a growing and dynamic digital marketing team at Sports Direct. The person will report to the SEO manager and work closely with the rest of the digital team, trade, editorial and marketing teams.
Key responsibilities include writing creative and inspiring content for our website(s) to help drive customer engagement, traffic/revenue and our SEO rankings. As part of this role you will be expected to keep on top of the trends within the sports & fashion industry and other related verticals, monitor and report on rankings, perform keyword research and have creative flair to keep the content engaging and fresh.
- Reporting into the SEO Manager, your day to day tasks will include:
- Writing inspiring, precise copy for (Frasers group )group of sites (Sports Direct, Flannels, House of Fraser, USC etc).
- To write content for the following (but not limited to):
- eCommerce category pages.
- Campaign Landing Pages / blog.
- Meta Data for all pages. New and update existing pages.
- Ad-hoc marketing & content marketing campaign content requests.
- Supporting the SEO manager with driving the content strategy and production of content for SD group of sites.
- Review existing content on website(s) and advise on strategies to refresh or better optimise.
- Liaise with internal editorial teams and content writers to ensure brand consistency and tone of voice.
- Delivering all content in line with the brands’ tone of voice.
- Keyword research for SEO.
- Assisting internal teams with new content development.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies).
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services.
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems.
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication.
- Submit work to editors for input and approval.
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles.
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic.
- Promote content on social media.
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent editorial skills, with exceptional English, impeccable grammar and attention to detail.
- Ensuring all content meets SEO best practice guidelines and aligns with our brand strategies to support natural search rankings.
- Analysing website content performance and making recommendations.
- Monitoring competitor content strategies to ensure you are always leading from an SEO perspective.
- Experience with keyword research and strategy, daily optimization.
- Ability to self-manage and keep track of multiple projects.
Key Behaviours Required:
- Exceptional English writing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Genuine passion for SEO and online marketing.
- A sound understanding of writing for the web.
- Good understanding of SEO best practice is desirable.
- Previous experience in writing for an ecommerce brand.
- Good ability to research.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Organised and Self-motivated.
Senior Content Editor (12 Months FTC)
Closing 21 February 2020
- perm, temp, temp to perm
Want more SEO Content Writer jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, SEO Specialist jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.