SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER - CONSUMER PRODUCTS
Consumer Products facilitates the development of merchandise for our Nickelodeon brands through UK retail outlets. They license all types of products with the key areas being: Toys, Books, DVD, Apparel and Video Games.
They do not manufacture and retail the product internally but work with third party companies, “licensees”, who sell our branded product at retail and pay a defined royalty on each item sold. Another key aspect of their business is liaising with all UK retailers from Tesco and Smyth's to Primark to ensure they support Nickelodeon brands by stocking the licensees’ product.
Reporting in to the Head of Marketing, this role’s main responsibilities include:
- Support Consumer Products Category and Retail Sales team in the development and execution of account programs designed to sell in franchises, strategic ranges, and retail solutions.
- Use all the assets of the company to devise/execute account-specific CP marketing plans, including:
- media planning
- gift w/purchase or added value
- product solutions with licensing and creative team
- cross-sell booklets
- Drive retail-specific asset development with in house Creative team and agencies.
- Support retail Events (Road Shows, Expos, etc).
- Create customized sales materials that communicate retail plans for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage department documents such as: Product solutions, Brand decks, program one sheets, and Marketing Calendar.
- Be the primary link into internal Nickelodeon functions such as Channel Marketing, Programming and Research to integrate CPl.
- Support the VP Consumer Products on the day to day management of the CP budget
- Manage the CP Marketing Co-ordinator and all UK marketing duties for the UK CP team.
- Planning and running trade and consumer ads, liaising with designers and the creative team at Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products and work directly with Trade Press.
- Manage the Trade Press plan with the CP Marketing Co-ordinator.
- Be the primary contact for CP Marketing for all UK CP Licensees and for all Marketing leads at Retailers.
- Work with VP Consumer Products on all CP Long Range Plan, setting 2 and 3 year marketing strategy for the department – cross functional by Retailer, Brand and Category.
- Embed ROI discipline into the CP Sales team by working with Shopper Insights team on ROI tool to analyse all key Retail Marketing Campaigns, implementation, execution and measure of success/builds.
- Establish key relationships with and work closely with the UK CP Licensee base across all CP and Retail Marketing campaigns, for funding, support, inclusion and execution of Retail Marketing campaigns.
- Set the strategy and delivery of the CP Brand Partnerships/extensions along with Channel Marketing.
- With the CP Marketing Co-ordinator and Event Manager support, manage the bi-annual UK CP Licensee Events, content of presentation, venue, invites, dressing of venue and delivery with those presenting.
- Support VP Consumer products as a key lead member of the UK Consumer Products team.
- Working closely with the CP intern on activities such as:
- Compiling communication to be sent to licensees.
- Sourcing Market/Retail information and updates.
- Sourcing premiums for retail promotions and goody bags for events.
- Coordinating regular licensee and retail workshops to enhance communication and product sales.
- Coordinating events such as Brand Licensing Europe and Nickelodeon Annual Showcase (aka Bafta).
- Collating all marketing materials and updating all presentations/marketing materials/scheduling and rating docs/licensee retailer listings
The successful candidate for this role will have strong presentation skills, be proactive and be able to demonstrate initiative. They will have had prior consumer product experience at a mid senior level, and have a great understanding of retail, maybe from previous experience dealing with retailers and/or licensing. They will have a good understanding of marketing and implementing strategic plans.
They will have great communication skills, and be able to hit the ground running in this role. They will be able to demonstrate excellent teamwork, whilst being about to work under their own initiative and produce excellent results to tight deadlines. Overall they will have a passion for kids’ brands, and show that they have great enthusiasm for Nickelodeon which is essential for this position.
Closing 16 March 2019
- Big Group
- Competitive Salary
Content Marketing Specialist for Off to Work
Closing 21 March 2019
- Off to Work
- £24,000 to 27,000 p/a
Want more SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER - CONSUMER PRODUCTS jobs?
Want to find more Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Marketing Director jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.