Give your career a breath of fresh (countryside) air.
For the colorful and carefree who make the most out of life, Joules is the British country lifestyle brand that encourages all of life’s adventures.
At Joules, we design clothing, accessories and homeware for all the family. Alongside a whole lot more. We are inspired by nature. We have fun. And we care.
It’s been quite a journey from when we started way back in 1989 and we're staying true to our roots! As a team that is always wanting to do better, we’re pleased that the adventure is as exciting as ever.
The role of Retoucher sits in our spectacular Studio & Production Services department, where you will provide specialist expertise to ensure that all postproduction requirements are executed to a professional level across studio and location. You will be responsible for delivering iconic product and brand creative imagery for e-commerce & campaign.
Day to day as a Retoucher:
- Produce high quality assets for all Joules channels, making sure assets are consistent, and are retouched in accordance with the company style and brand guidelines.
- Working closely with all relevant teams to produce perfect product and brand images captured in both studio and location settings.
- Retouching a variety of product types including still life, mannequin, flat lays and on model to a strict daily postproduction target.
- Complete bespoke/complex postproduction amendments to images.
- Create and apply photoshop actions and scripts as part of workflow.
- Work collaboratively with co-ordination team to ensure that all product issues are flagged and retouched before distribution.
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with postproduction guidelines and use approved ways of working.
- Follow studio & production processes to ensure the postproduction runs seamlessly.
- Utilise and update sample and asset management documents to track assets through the production.
- Produce perfect product and brand images captured in both studio and location settings.
- Complete quality assurance requests as advised by senior retoucher, production manager.
- Complete colour correction to images ensuring they are consistent and a true representation of the product.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on a variety of creative projects.
- Maintain the digital asset library and the integrity of folder structures.
- Check that all files adhere to asset naming conventions.
- Liaise with the 3rd party supplier and freelance contributors when required.
- Support senior retoucher with team administration tasks and coordination or workload when required and during periods of annual leave.
- Support with FoJ Marketplace seller imagery onboarding.
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a photographic subject.
- Technical expertise of retouching: creative studio/location imagery, advanced understanding of skin retouching, e-commerce imagery.
- Expertise of working in a high-volume e-commerce studio.
- Highly organised with ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
- An interest in current and emerging fashion trends, particularly in e-commerce.
- Proficient in Mac platform and Wacom.
- Good working knowledge of Capture One Pro.
- Expert level of experience in Adobe Photoshop.
- Calm under pressure.
- Reliable with the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
- Ability to work under pressure in deadline-driven environment.
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise/multi-task and follow projects through to completion.
- X-Rite colour Pro training is advantageous.
- Knowledge of studio production and creative disciplines.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Please note you will be required to work from our head office on a weekly basis.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Comfortable in working in a constantly changing environment due to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Proficient multi-tasker with great attention to detail.
- Able to keep calm under pressure.
- An accomplished problem solver.
- Great self-starter attitude.
- Passion and affinity for the Joules brand.
- Genuine interest in retail and fashion.
- Team player.
What you’ll get from us:
- 50% Staff discount.
- Clothing Allowance.
- Extended holiday (including Family and Volunteering leave).
- Flexible working.
- A bold and vibrant place to work with bold and vibrant people.
There’s plenty more on offer, but let’s get the ball rolling first.
We believe in equal opportunities and celebrate diversity. Everyone is welcome, Everyone is included, Everyone is free to bring their true self to work in a safe space where we can set each other up for success.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 7 May 2023
- Frasers Group
Image Retoucher (Ecom & Content)
Closing 13 May 2023
- N Brown Group plc
Closing 10 April 2023
- Frasers Group
Want more Retoucher jobs?
Want to find more Retoucher jobs, Photo Editor jobs, Picture Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.