Retail Communications Manager
This role is key to working with both the Food and Clothing & Home Business Units, whilst also taking a lead role across all communications, to manage and deliver communications to store colleagues. It should enable our store teams to be customer first with engaging, right first-time communications, it will also support the Business Units to enable our business priorities in stores simply, accurately and effectively.
The ideal candidate will have recent store knowledge and experience in a communications role. As part of your application, please submit examples of both an engaging presentation you have created, and also a formal communication you have written.
Please note this role is a maternity cover, expected to end in July 2021
About the role:
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Own end-to-end store communications and engagement process for given Business Unit:
- Create and manage the communications critical path (short and long term) in line with business priorities.
- Create world-class engaging communications templates for completion by the Business Areas that give store teams the tools they need to be customer first and deliver Retail priorities.
- Review and sign off store communications to ensure they are clear, engaging and right first time (if not correct, they will be returned).
- React to trade and business priorities, supporting ad hoc and critical communications in the most effective method.
- Build great relationships with stakeholders in offices, stores and regional teams and drive collaboration across Retail Support.
- Partner with Retail Activity Manager to ensure comms reacts effectively to trade and business priorities.
- Have a forward-thinking view, to ensure Teams engagement platforms are utilised in the best possible way i.e. announcements and tasks.
- Review all weekly communications, to ensure accuracy and consistency across business areas.
- Responsible for ensuring the weekly comms plan across business areas are relevant to business priorities and manage the overall volume of communications to allow store teams to spend more time on the shop floor.
- Ensure communications are delivered in line with the communications framework – to the right audience at the right time.
- Own weekly not right first-time summary working with wider comms and activity team.
- Responsible for supporting and upskilling new members of the Comms Team.
- Lead the day to day management of shared tasks across the Comms Team (e.g. on-call rota, weekly admin).
- Support communication planning and execution for business transformation priorities.
- Own the PIR process for continuous improvement of communications building on lessons learnt.
- Act as a brand champion and take ownership for the Retail Comms ‘tone of voice’ in line with Brand Guidelines, coaching business partners on the best way to include this in their communication.
- Constantly review current communication platforms, to ensure as simple and easy for store colleagues to access as possible.
- Act as a departmental liaison with the Colleague Communication Team.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Excellent written communication skills (copy writing and editing) and attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Teams, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong recent knowledge of Retail and store operations.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Effective project management skills and working to critical paths across a number of projects.
- Agile and acts with pace to deliver high standards on time.
- Can flex their behaviour and style to be effective in a variety of situations and with different stakeholders.
- Maintains a positive attitude and a strong sense of opportunity during periods of turbulence.
- When faced with ambiguity, finds ways to move forward and avoid getting stuck.
- Treats communication as a two-way process and can adapt style, knowing when to provide and request information.
- Comfortable and effective working and managing across different business units, functions, teams and balancing the needs of different stakeholders within these.
- Responds quickly to changes in internal and external environment without losing momentum or sight of overall objectives.
- Researches the external environment as well as internally to generate ideas and find opportunities to improve.
- Clearly assesses a problem, analyses the options, and has a method for picking the best one to drive the change needed.
- Holds themselves and their teams accountable for delivering objectives and business targets.
- Proactively seeks input from customers and colleagues to uncover new business opportunities.
Closing 14 March 2021
- Red Bull GmbH
Head of Digital, Content & Publishing
Closing 24 January 2021
- Department for Transport
- Birmingham, Leeds or London
- £National - £60,135 London - £65,439
Want more Retail Communications Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Strategists jobs, Communications Executive jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.