F1000 Research is looking for an experienced Publisher to join the team. F1000 Research is an innovative open research publisher of scientific, scholarly, translational and clinical research across the physical and life sciences, engineering, medicine, humanities and the social sciences.
The F1000 Research publishing system combines the ability to publish rapidly with functionality to ensure transparency, robustness and reproducibility of research. The publishing model combines the benefits of ‘pre-printing’ (providing rapid publication) with quality and transparency (open data and open peer review) and enables publication within days of submission, followed by open invited peer review.
Working alongside the Editorial and Publishing teams, this Publisher will take the lead on developing and delivering an outreach plan for bringing in HSS content for the upcoming launch of the EC’s Open Research Europe publishing platform and other similar platforms.
Work with an existing Taylor & Francis project team as well as with the F1000 Research S&T Senior Managing Editor and the S&T Publishing Director to ensure we have a set of relevant article types, article guidelines, policies, pre-publication checklists and appropriate peer reviewer questions that make sense across the HSS disciplines. Providing expert knowledge and support to existing editorial staff, especially whilst in a transition phase to creating a separate HSS editorial team, to ensure we process HSS submissions in the most appropriate way.
What you’ll be doing:
- Project managing a number of F1000Research Gateways working with their associated clients.
- Ensuring we have suitable article types and associated guidelines and checklists across the full range of HSS subjects, utilising the breadth of knowledge and capacity in T&F / Routledge.
- Providing expert knowledge and support to existing editorial staff to ensure we process HSS submissions in the most appropriate way.
- Identify HSS researchers for our overarching Advisory Board.
- Work with the relevant Project Managers of F1000 Research-powered Platforms and Gateways (e.g. Gates Open Research, AAS Open Research) to develop and deliver a plan to bring in a significant volume of content from their HSS focussed programs on those platforms and gateways.
- Foster in-depth and long-term relationships with clients of all types, from research funders to institutions, societies, communities and more, in order to develop strong pipelines of content across all relevant gateways and platforms.
- Manage Advisory Board meetings, and for new clients, work with the client to set up appropriate Advisors and an associated Advisory Board. Manage that group effectively to ensure they are being proactive in bringing in submissions from their community.
- Proactively work with clients to upsell customisations, both existing options as well as new opportunities that could be re-sellable across multiple clients.
- Proactively identify and network with new contacts to position F1000 Research and it’s Gateway and Platforms as leaders in open science and open scholarship, and identify potential new clients.
- Maintain a strong external focus creating a profile and relevant networks in order to increase subject and customer knowledge and understanding.
- Liaise closely with Marketing and Comms to maximise the opportunities that can bring in submissions. Make best use of, and influence where appropriate, any ongoing marketing and comms campaigns running across F1000research and the different platforms and gateways.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong subject matter knowledge and editorial experience.
- Experience of working with external clients, with strong networking and customer focus skills.
- A strong understanding of the scholarly ecosystem, and of industry and market awareness, and ideally of the key issues around Open Access.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly effective when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage your own workload and prioritise multiple projects.
- Openness to change and ability to think laterally.
- Strong ability to influence, inspire and negotiate.
- Analytical thinking and logical response under pressure.
- Solution finding and decision-making experience.
What we offer in return:
- 25 days annual leave.
- 4 volunteering days annually.
- Day off for your birthday.
- Pension contributions.
- Seasonal social and charitable events.
- Training and development.
This role is based in the United Kingdom.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
F1000 Research Ltd, as part of Taylor & Francis Group, is an Equal Opportunities Employee.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business.
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
Closing 29 August 2020
Senior Producer (Third Party Publishing)
Closing 4 August 2020
- Frontier Developments plc
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.