ViacomCBS Networks International,(VCNI) a unit of ViacomCBS Inc., is comprised of many of the world's most iconic consumer brands. Its portfolio includes Network 10, Channel 5, Telefe, Viacom 18, ViacomCBS International Studios, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Pluto TV among others. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, we provide powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents and across more than 180 countries.
Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
WHO ARE WE?
We are ViacomCBS!
ViacomCBS Networks International, a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAC), is comprised of many of the world’s most iconic consumer brands. Its portfolio includes Network 10, Channel 5, Telefe, Viacom 18, ViacomCBS International Studios, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Pluto TV among others. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS Networks International provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents and across more than 180 countries.
For those who have a genuine passion to learn about Media, our Internships are a fantastic opportunity to break into this fast paced and exciting industry and you don’t need to have any actual work experience to be considered. Which is why we don’t ask for your CV at the application stage. What is a real necessity is a genuine interest in our company, a desire to break into this hugely competitive industry and the willingness to learn, work hard and own your tasks.
WHO ARE YOU?
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
What is the role?
This position sits within the promo team of the UK and International Creative department, which provides promotions, packaging, design and branding for MTV UK’s 10 channel network as well as international promo initiatives. Working within the team, the main responsibility will be crafting multiplatform media assets across our entertainment and music network channels. Idea generation, scripting and editing skills are required while an interest in directing shoots will be encouraged! The candidate must be proficient in editing, especially promos and music stunts. This role will be focused mainly on MTV campaigns but there will be opportunities to work across Channel 5, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon too!
- The creative will be involved in the cutting of on-air weekly promos and promotional campaigns.
- You will regularly script and edit for a wide variety of stunts and shows w.
- Team-working skills are needed to work on longer term projects involving freelancers and other parties.
- Knowledge of the TV and post-production environment will ensure the ability to work under considerable pressure in a fast paced department.
- A good knowledge of digital platforms and social media is essential.
- Knowledge of the MTV UK and International brands and schedule will be needed to produce fresh ideas.
- Knowledge of MTV UK’s competitors in particular, and the wider television multi-channel landscape in general, are also important as well as an awareness of international MTV Promo work is also desired.
- An understanding of the MTV International markets is key.
- Good script writing skills and a broad knowledge of post-production, audio, VO and graphics are required. An enthusiasm for new creative technology and the desire to learn new skills, especially in the area of desk top editing and graphics production are a requirement.
- Script and edit clip-based promos.
- Self-edit promos on Adobe Premiere.
- Directing voiceovers and coordinating audio mixing.
- Supply a creative style that will improve the brand On Air.
- Develop an understanding of the MTV UK schedule in order to come up with fresh and unexpected ideas.
- Working to tight deadlines and agreed budgets while under pressure.
- To be proficient at Adobe Premiere (or at least an experienced editor with some experience on Adobe Premiere or ability to learn it).
- To have an understanding 3D/2D animation and graphic design.
- To be proficient at supervising online/offline edits.
- Experience gained within a production / on air environment.
- Proven understanding of the TV and post production environment.
- Creative writing skills.
- Knowledge of MAC and PC software.
- Good knowledge of Ofcom regulations.
- Ability to lead and work with large creative team; ability to navigate cross functional teams.
- Good team worker, responsible and creative approach to problem solving.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in animation, social media, digital tools, etc.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS?
- Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months).
- Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year.
- TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill.
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us.
- Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms.
- Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate.
- Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
- Happy to talk flexible working!
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES?
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected.
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in.
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices.
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives.
- Collaboration: Work together as one team.
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business.
- Trust: Assume best intentions.
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly.
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome.
At ViacomCBS, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives.
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty.
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
What are our benefits:
As well as being supported with your career goals Permanent and Fixed Term Contract employees will be entitled to:
- Private Medical Insurance after completing 3 months of employment.
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- TV Package Discount.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Discounted Gym Membership.
- Discounts for Local Shops and Restaurants and Access to Reward Gateway.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously. To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining.
Closing 24 September 2020
- remote, temp to perm
Closing 17 November 2020
Want more Promo Producer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Promotions Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.