Project Manager (Brand)
A new exciting role has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to join the Brand team for the Japanese portfolio at Square Enix’s London office.
Fluent in Japanese (both written and spoken), the successful individual will have proven experience in project management as well as knowledge and understanding of the international video game publishing in Western markets.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a multicultural team of talented people and be an essential part of a project team.
- Manage the communication flow related to allocated project(s) between the development teams in Japan and the brand publishing team in Square Enix West.
- Use prior knowledge and understanding of international video game publishing in Western markets to aid the smooth delivery and completion of business & brand plans.
- Upon swiftly building understanding of working practices with Square Enix Japan, help facilitate the Square Enix Western Brand team’s communication flow regarding a wide mix of commercial and creative aspects of the project(s). Provide guidance in the creation and execution of Brand and PR strategies and publishing plans, by ensuring there is clear and accurate understanding between Square Enix Japan’s and Square Enix West’s goals, business needs, priorities and results.
Coordinate and work closely with game development teams, departments and offices (including overseas offices in Japan, UK, Germany, France, Exports and US) to fully understand the project(s) in marketing, PR, Community, development, business, systems and other various related areas. Relay information to the necessary stakeholders to inform decision-making for the benefit of the project(s).
Ensure Square Enix Western teams’ intentions and strategies come across clearly to Japanese stakeholders so Square Enix Western can deliver campaigns and promotions fully and effectively and vice versa.
Have understanding in local policy and restrictions to elicit best possible scenarios by communicating with relevant members of staff:
- By correctly assessing the importance of assets, information details, confidentiality and urgency, relay and propose to correct stakeholders at correct timings to move things forward.
- Assess risks and threats, from day to day communications, to larger scale programs, so preventive measures can be adopted.
- Provide ad hoc translations as and when required.
Supporting the brand management team, ensure that activities intended by local territory offices and key central cross-functional teams (e.g. Square Enix Western Digital Sales, Digital Marketing, Digital Platforms, CRM, Creative Services etc.) are in line with the approved publishing plan - and that team members have the direction and materials needed to execute initiatives.
Work alongside Square Enix Western and Japanese teams, to identify, schedule and plan needs and tasks related to the organisation and execution of consumer and preview events, to result in the best exposure for the product.
Executive Director, Sr. Brand Director, Sr. Brand Manager, Square Enix Japan Brands Team, Square Enix Japan Marketing, Publicity & Development teams, Operations, Localisation and Production teams, Digital Sales and Marketing team, local Publishing & Distribution offices.
Reports to: Snr Brand Manager.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Fluent business Japanese language skills – both written and spoken.
- Proven experience of project management in conjunction with multiple intercultural teams and disciplines.
- Very good communication skills.
- Must have prior experience of international video game publishing and understanding of the different requirements for Western markets with prior experience of delivering to various local needs.
- Solid coordination experience and comfortable with developing and maintaining a clear approval process across multiple disciplines and teams.
- Good experience of tracking projects results via previously agreed measures.
- Excellent at writing detailed briefs and presentations.
- Good knowledge of the video games industry.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes:
- Very strong time management, co-ordination, organisational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Very strong team player - able to work within an interdisciplinary game team and international business, appropriately managing inputs, recommendations and approvals where suitable.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Experience in having used a project management tool (e.g. Trello) to ensure all tasks are tracked accurately and delivered on time.
- Ability to liaise and interact with Senior Management within a multi-cultural environment.
- Critical thinker with common sense and strong analytical capabilities.
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly with communicating briefs, plans and schedules.
- Determined, resilient and tenacious. Volition to hold bottom line responsibility.
- Self-motivated – taking ownership of projects to drive them forward.
- Proactive – able to sense potential threats to projects and act accordingly to prevent those threats from becoming issues.
- Understanding of game development and willing to learn more about how games, related systems and policies are developed.
- Strong problem solving and preventing skills.
- Ability to stay calm and logical during difficult situations and under pressure.
- Ability to lead, drive and represent the team.
- Experience working with Japanese corporations is a plus.
- Additional language skills.
Assistant Media Planner
Closing 4 October 2020
- Sky UK
- perm, from remote
Head of Brand
Closing 3 October 2020
- William Hill Plc
Want more Project Manager (Brand) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Digital Project Manager jobs, Brand manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Project Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.