Project Design Manager
The Ocado Logistics Projects department is the subject matter expert in our solution and translating and implementing this globally. The department focuses on all areas of our customer proposition, including the design, project management, testing and enhancement phases, as well as international client engagement with our current and future retail partners in order to effectively deliver our state-of-the-art automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfillment Centres (CFCs) both in the UK and abroad.
Within the Ocado Logistics Projects department sits the New CFCs Design team, which is responsible for designing our CFCs. The team focuses on space capacity, operational efficiencies and throughput, making sure each CFC is operationally fit for purpose and tailored to each client’s requirements.
We develop both concept and detailed designs for all business processes, equipment and automation requirements and the team is now looking for a Project Design Manager to join to help us meet the demand from our growing international portfolio of clients.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the design of a CFC.
- Gathering and agreeing the operational metrics, assumptions and business requirements for new CFCs.
- Developing the operational concept layout for new CFCs based on Ocado’s proprietary and external fulfilment solutions.
- Project managing the design stream through the development cycle to ensure the design supports the business requirements of programme, throughput, safety and efficiency whilst driving value from the solution.
- Solution design experience within logistics, e-fulfilment, manufacturing or similar FMCG environment (preferred).
- Project management experience delivering logistics operational improvement or project delivery .
- An analytical mind-set along with strong numeracy skills to enable you to grasp some of the complex concepts our solutions require.
- Experience managing a small team (preferred).
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.