Project Design Manager
The Ocado Logistics Projects department is the subject matter expert in our solution and translating and implementing this globally. The department focuses on all areas from the design, project management, testing, enhancement and international client engagement on our customer proposition to deliver our state of the art automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfillment Centres (CFCs) for Ocado and our clients in the UK and internationally.
Within the Ocado Logistics Projects department sits the New CFCs Design team who are responsible for designing Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) for Ocado and their clients both in the UK and abroad. This team identifies the business requirements and develops both concept and detailed designs for all business processes, equipment and automation requirements.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the design of CFC.
- Gathering and agreeing the operational metrics, assumptions and business requirements for new CFCs that form the basis of the design and analyse their implications and relationships.
- Determine the sizing, capacity and efficiency of the design.
- Develop the operational concept layout for new CFCs based on Ocado’s proprietary and external fulfilment solutions for Ocado as well as UK and international customers.
- Project manage the design stream through the development cycle to ensure the design supports the business requirements of programme, throughput, safety and efficiency whilst driving value from the solution.
- Work with client and client’s professional team of architects, structural engineers, consultants etc. to ensure business and client’s requirements are fulfilled during concept design of the solution.
- Solution design experience within logistics, e-fulfilment, manufacturing or similar FMCG environment would be highly desirable.
- Project management experience delivering logistics operational improvement or project delivery.
- Ideally experience of creating business cases and forming paybacks to ensure designs deliver value for money.
- An analytical mind-set along with strong numeracy skills to enable you to grasp some of the complex concepts our solutions require. This may require you to analyse and model data using Excel or similar tools.
- Natural ability to lead others.
- Enjoy the challenge of creatively solving complex problems in a fast paced environment.
About Ocado Group:
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better
Operations Project Design Manager
Closing 7 November 2019
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.