Professional Product Designer
We’re on a mission to make buying and selling cars an easy and straight-forward process. As a Professional Product Designer, you will be key to enabling this for the millions of consumers and thousands of retailers that use our applications and sites each month. Working day-to-day with developers, user researchers and product managers you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from discovery through to delivery.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Contributing to product design within a cross-functional team.
- Understanding and applying our guidelines to improve our experiences and build continuity across web and mobile.
- Collaborating with product managers, engineers, and researchers to work on our products through both discovery and iterative delivery tracks, contributing to the full lifecycle of design.
- Understanding and evangelising our design system.
- Taking an active part in design workshops and sprints.
- Contributing to direction with the rest of your product team by being a key part of decision making throughout the product lifecycle.
- Designing, prototyping and testing ideas with your team and in more formal testing environments.
- Enthusiastically evangelising user experience & design within your product team and the wider design team.
How you’ll operate:
- Give and welcome feedback and critique from other team members and designers.
- Understand when and where design thinking and design craft are needed, and seek support from others to apply these effectively.
- Be part of the broader design team - learning from and helping others, identifying and implementing improvements to the way we work.
- Work at pace - having confidence to make decisions, knowing when to use qualitative or quantitative data and when it’s acceptable to rely on your own knowledge and experience.
- Adopt our design process and keep an awareness of high level, big picture thinking while working on the detail of user stories and UI designs.
- Some experience with end-to-end UX/product design - including understanding scope, using research, prototyping, designing, and testing.
- Comfortable working closely with developers & QA to bring products to life.
- Exposure to user testing/research and using data to define outcomes and measure improvements.
- Some experience in interaction design work, sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and visual design. We would be interested in seeing examples of these in your portfolio.
- Appreciation of front-end development technologies.
- Good communication & influencing skills, and the ability to synthesise different perspectives.
Although not a requirement, useful experience includes:
- Experience of working in a commercial environment.
- Experience of working with design systems.
- In house/client-side experience.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary with a great flexible benefits package which includes 28 days holiday, not including bank holidays – plus ½ day afternoon office closures on Christmas and New Year’s Eve, pension, healthcare, life assurance and a whole host of other benefits. You’ll get a Mac and as much free tea, coffee and fresh fruit as you like.
Personal development is an essential part of working at Auto Trader – we’ll work with you to create a plan for growth, and support you to learn, discover, and improve. Our design community attend & speak at conferences, we host external meet-ups in our event space and offer masterclasses focusing on communication, team working and leadership. As you can see, it’s not limited to what you learn at your desk. If we sound like the kind of place for you then we would love to hear from you
Everyone is unique in their own way and we are looking for people from all walks of life to become part of our inclusive culture. We’re committed to making Auto Trader a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone. Diversity for us means respect for and appreciation of differences in gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, race and ethnic origin, religion and faith, marital status, social, educational background and way of thinking. Our dedication is to ensure you get the chance to be the best that you can be, showcase your full potential and make the right choice for you.
Due to the effects of Coronavirus, currently all our employees are working from home. We are closely monitoring government guidelines and are looking forward to returning to our offices when it is safe to do so. If you are successful in applying to this role you will take part in a virtual assessment process, and may even be on-boarded virtually depending on timeframes.
Designer for Motion Graphics/ Interactive/ .pdf content
Closing 19 September 2020
- Hyperfine Media
- Manchester/ NW
Senior Creative Designer (12 Month FTC)
Closing 17 September 2020
- AO World PLC
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Want more Professional Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.