Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role:
Ingest and File Delivery Operator is responsible for the successful ingest and delivery of file-based content. Central to this role is the delivery of files for transmission adhering to the BT Sport delivery protocols. It also includes co-ordinating ingest of live and delayed video content streams.
You'll have the following responsibilities:
• Ensure ingest of live video streams guaranteeing all content is captured.
• Check all ingests to confirm the content has been correctly captured in a timely fashion.
• Liaising with MCR, Media Managers and Engineering team to escalate issues around systems, procedures and schedules.
• Ensure the accuracy of metadata and its application to all media assets.
• Full understanding of day to day file delivery schedule.
• QC of all files to be delivered for transmission.
• Liaising with Media Managers and Production to ensure all deliverables are compliant to the BT Sport delivery protocol.
• Monitoring creation of TX and associated metadata files to ensure timely and accurate delivery.
• Understand all delivery routes to Transmission partners.
You'll have the following skills & experience:
• Operational knowledge of EVS IPD.
• Understand file types and codecs, particularly processing times and therefore potential delivery impacts.
• Attention to detail is critical in all areas.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A positive, enthusiastic manner with an ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from operational and production staff is essential.
• Customer awareness and good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work as part of a team and remain calm under pressure.
• Video and audio file formats and media, ingest systems, transcoding software, media management tools and computer systems.
• A good sporting knowledge will be an advantage.
- 10% Bonus.
- 25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with the option to purchase 5 further days.
- Pension Scheme and Share Option Programme.
- Discounted Broadband, TV and Mobile Packages.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
Closing 30 September 2020
Packaging Project Manager needed ASAP-Beauty-Studio-London
Closing 1 September 2020
- Creative Recruitment
- temp to perm
- £200 to 250 per day
Want more Production Professional jobs?
Want to find more Content Manager jobs, Post Production Coordinator jobs, Production Manager jobs, Head of Production jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Production Assistant jobs, Production Coordinator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.