Production Managers work in collaboration with a VFX Producer on a project. The Production Manager functions as the Producer’s “right hand”, stepping up to support Producer duties as required and keeping a direct line of communication with the VFX Producer (and/or the Executive Producer) on all aspects of the show. The Production Manager reports to the VFX Show Producer on a daily basis for show specific tasks.
- Under direction of VFX Producer, collaborate with CG Production managers on day-to-day crew needs as required.
- In collaboration with Producer and Supervisors, create overall show asset and shot schedule across all disciplines capitalising on internal resources and external vendors, using ILM’s best practices for scheduling. Oversee implementation of schedule by guiding and directing coordinators, Supervisors and leads as needed.
- In collaboration with Producer, manage the production crew on a daily basis including directing Coordinators and Production Assistants to ensure all show needs are met.
- Provide support as liaison with vendors for technical and creative issues that arise to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to.
- Evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; help develop cross utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow.
- Act as default leader when Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged.
- Run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting may or may not be required, and would be left to the discretion of the Producer. In partnership with Producer, check EFC to make sure work is on budget.
- With input from Supervisors and VFX Producer, proactively identify and plan for work to be outsourced, when applicable. Help identify vendors appropriate for body of work. Prepare vendor bidding packages, contribute to vendor cost analysis and weekly cost reporting as needed.
- Proactively problem-solve and raise concerns in all aspects of vendor relations.
- Manage client contact when Producer is absent or unavailable
- Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots as needed
- Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production as needed
- Special projects as requested
Education / Experience:
- Experience in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Proven professional work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Linux a plus
- Strong scheduling experience required
- Must possess very strong organisational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
**FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Creative Services Manager
Closing 5 December 2021
- Kingdom Creative
- £35,000 to 40,000 per annum
Closing 18 December 2021
- Momentum Worldwide
Creative Studio Production Manager
Closing 19 December 2021
- Become Recruitment UK
- Manchester (Remote)
- perm, from remote
- £25,000 to 30,000 per annum
Want more Production Manager jobs?
Want to find more Production Manager jobs, Head of Production jobs, Post Production Assistant jobs, Production Assistant jobs, Production Coordinator jobs, Production Secretary jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.