Production Manager - Discovery CommunicationsThis job listing has expired
Under supervision of VP, Prod & Ops/Head of Prod (HOP) and Sr Director of Prod & Ops on the Agency’s Broadcast Team, responsible for managing the day-to-day production and operations of The Agency’s’ reload production specifically focused on reversions and reloads. In this role, the Production Manager will work directly with reload team to track expenses and facilitate the day to day needs for the reload pipeline. Liasing directly with Post Supervisor and Director of Production he or she will generate reports and track daily progress of all deliveries and hours in production.Responsibilities:
1. Request shopping carts and purchase orders for all out of house vendors and work
2. Work with HOP on re-class charting and track all production spending (estimate vs actual) for Reversioned and Reloaded content and designed projects by HOP
3. Create monthly reload reports/invoices for the networks
4. Process all vendor invoices for payment in P2P system
5. Contract requests and releases
6. One Card tracking and processing to appropriate cost centers
7. Track, manage and report budget analysis to HOP and reload team
8. Assist with travel and coordination of talent and field production teams as needed
9. T&E and reclassing of cost for VP departmental travel
10. Support The Agency production team on a as needed basis by providing coordination and clerical assistance to VP’s and PM staff
11. Work with HOP and Sr. Director of Prod & Ops in creating cost estimates for productions
12. Work with creative and production teams in tracking project timelines to stay on top of key decision and delivery dates
13. Provides technical assistance to full-time, part-time and freelance staff
* Must have at least 5 years related production experience with coordination, production finance or PM
* Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and/or Keynote and Quickbooks, budget software
* Tactical knowledge of film/video design, animation, editorial, post production and live action
* Experience supporting a production team
* Experience budgeting and scheduling projects
* Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment and able to work on multiple projects, in various stages of production, simultaneously
* Ability to perform under pressure
* Integrity, strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
* Must be a team player and work with all levels of management
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Want more Production Manager - Discovery Communications jobs?
Want to find more Production Editor jobs, Production Manager jobs, Head of Production jobs, Production Coordinator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.