We are looking for an Production Editor to be responsible for all aspects of page layout for The Lancet journals based in London Wall. This includes layout of text and graphics, editorial styling, and text and figure corrections, as well as sending files to our printers.
This is a highly responsible position, working on the world’s leading global health journal, and the successful candidate much be able to demonstrate the ability to work to strict deadlines, while maintaining the highest possible standards of accuracy and quality..
Production and quality:
- Produce page layout for The Lancet journals.
- Input editorial corrections into existing layouts.
- Occasional text and table styling.
- Ensure that all The Lancet journal files are sent to the correct place, in the required formats at the time scheduled.
- Be proactive in formulating creative solutions regarding layout and redesigns within the journals and also with regard to any amendments to working practice.
- Design of other TL products as and when required (eg, The Lancet special issues).
- Attend regular meetings with assistant editors to ensure workflow is as effective as possible for all departments.
- Work as a team with the Senior Production Editors—Specialties.
Communication and Business Relations:
- Liaise with illustrators re page proofs and make illustration amends.
- Keep external suppliers and internal departments informed of relevant information and decisions at all times.
- Liaise with Editorial, Production Controller, and Recruitment and Classified Advertising Sales to prepare specialty journal pages for press.
- Provide help to other members of staff where necessary.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact us through Creativepool.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding.
We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath.
Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancetand Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray?s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization.
Closing 29 August 2020
- remote, temp to perm
Closing 30 August 2020
- Direct Line Group
Want more Production Editor jobs?
Want to find more Deputy Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.