Amazon is looking for an exceptional Production Designer to join their customer experience team. In this role, you will be creating a variety of digital, in-store, and printed assets used to engage and attract customers on Amazon.com. You will be working alongside a global team of designers, writers, and production teams to deliver your designs. At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. We work every day to surprise and delight our customers through smart and purposeful design. Your work should not only reflect that ideal but raise the bar to create a world-class experience. Your work will be seen by millions of people each day across Amazon’s homepage, product detail pages, email, and mobile marketing channels. The ideal candidate must be able to blend strong production design skills with technological excellence to create seamless workflows throughout the design process. They have experience working in fast-paced and detailed environment to deliver marketing and merchandising materials around globally. They will be expected to dive deep into current and future team needs to help the team find the best use of resources for any given project. They must be able to work iteratively and professionally accept art direction and feedback.
In this role, you will:
• Create merchandising and marketing campaigns that elevate Amazon’s device brand across multiple online and offline channels.
• Understand and respond to performance data (hours estimates vs actuals), and steer the direction of future workflows.
• Understand and show clear ability to create cost-savings measures within a given production workflow.
• Exhibit user experience best practices for web design & mobile interactions.
• Collaborate with the Amazon design community at large to ensure consistent brand use across multiple marketing channels.
• Grow team knowledge of best production practices and stay abreast of the latest in technological solutions that enable better creative workflows.
• Work with various categories to refresh/improve Amazon’s devices presence in their categories.
· Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating online marketing, retail merchandising, and visual design.
· 2+ years of experience in online marketing, digital advertising & retail or e-commerce design.
· Experience managing multiple projects with varying deadlines.
· Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other image-optimizing applications to create online user experiences.
· Pixel-perfect attention to design detail.
· Work in an iterative environment, across teams and synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners.
· Deep understanding of typography for the web. Experience with typesetting in a variety of languages is a plus.
· Expert level photo retouching skills.
· Ability to work independently to troubleshoot technical and process-related issues.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to leadership.
· Illustration experience.
· Extreme passion for file organization.
· Proficiency in producing technical, ready-to-print files.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer–Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/ Age.
Closing 17 July 2019
Closing 17 July 2019
Want more Production Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Lighting Designer jobs, Production Editor jobs, Lighting Designer jobs, Production Designer jobs, Set Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.