About the Role:
As a Production Designer on Uber's digital creative team, you'll be responsible for delivering advertising assets for use across a wide range of channels -- social, display/programmatic and email -- scaling work from internal design teams and partner agencies for local and international markets around the globe. Working closely with our Designers and Art Directors, you'll ensure that quality and brand standards are maintained throughout the entire creative process as you recreate their design files across multiple sizes and formats, then delivering final assets for trafficking. The ideal candidate possesses strong graphic design and technical skills; has superb organizational practices; can handle high volume of work is critical; and enjoys problem solving as well as critical thinking on a daily basis. Read on if this sounds like you!
What You'll Do:
- You are a career production designer: You are passionate about production. You don't consider this a stepping stone on the path to becoming an art director but rather the foundation for a career in production design.
- You create massive output: You deliver twice the quantity in half the time. Your toolbox is full of scripts, actions, tricks, and techniques that allow you to produce at high speeds. You constantly strive to optimize your workflow, increase your output, and become a more efficient and effective production artist.
- The details matter to you: You've spent your career caring about precise positioning and color consistency. You notice an off-centered layout before anyone else in the room. You have deep knowledge about file formats, color spaces, and compression techniques and possess nuanced views on which works best in each situation.
- You can localize and customize: You've worked with creative that requires global-scale localization. You enjoy the challenge of concepts that require dynamic text and variable imagery. With the right templates, you can turn one design into thousands of unique assets.
- You're seasoned in digital and analog: You're savvy in producing assets for responsive web layouts and digital display banners. You have a demonstrated history of managing pre-press for print projects ranging from direct mailers to billboards. You bring an equal attention to detail when working with both pixels and ink.
- You're self-sufficient: You can take design direction as well as occasionally conceptualize, design, and organize projects on your own. When needed, you manage your workload accordingly to accommodate conflicting deadlines.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of production design experience.
- Experience working in Rich Media, html5, Smartly, Celtra, Google Web Designer, Adobe Animate, Figma.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite -- Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Libraries.
- Knowledge of After Effects is a huge plus.
- In-depth expertise with different export file types and file optimization.
- Experience with automation software and workflows.
- Awareness of typographic best practices, including non-english alphabets.
- Experience with language localization process for multiple countries a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Docs & Box or similar cloud-based storage platforms.
About the Team:
CRM & Performance digital creative builds long-term relationship with both established and new customers by providing the right message to the right user, via the right channel at the right time -- all so that we can build long-term value, loyalty and trust.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Apparel Graphics Designer Ii (Running)
Closing 4 January 2020
Executive Communications Designer (Contract)
Closing 4 January 2020
- San Francisco
Want more Production Designer jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Production Designer jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.