Who We Are:
As part of Amazon Publishing, Brilliance Publishing is a subsidiary based in Grand Haven, Michigan. We focus on publishing audiobooks—from content acquisition and narration recording, to sales and marketing initiatives. Our mission is to fill the world with stories. We go above and beyond to make our authors happy, and give meaning to the lives of book lovers near and far.
We’re committed to amplifying unique voices and celebrating our differences. Our audiobooks are for everybody, and so is our workplace. No matter where you’re from, what your interests, or what audiobook you’re listening to, come on in. All are welcome at Brilliance Publishing.
Who You Are:
This role contributes to the success of a senior design team through a range of production tasks and supportive design projects. The ability to manage multiple projects, deliver production-ready assets, work efficiently with an acute attention to detail, and communicate effectively with key stakeholders is essential. You want to be part of a highly engaged team that values collaboration and shares a quest for creative excellence through exploring diverse perspectives. This position can be located in our Grand Haven, MI office or virtually in any state in the United States.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Support the Creative Team in production activities including creating layouts, placing or cropping images, and retouching or image compression across multiple programs (print/web/mobile).
· Create multiple packaging files from master files and product information inputs, ensuring accuracy, quality, and consistency.
· Partner with Production Lead and Designers to understand creative intent and how best to implement across all project components.
· Use various tools in order to track, publish, distribute, archive, and review assets.
· Apply broad knowledge of production skills, project workflows, and file/asset management to handle assigned projects with minimal supervision.
· Take on limited design work when required, in order to supplement team workload.
· Design program certification, or 2+ years of professional experience with a focus on digital and graphic design.
· Proficiency of the Adobe Creative Suite—specifically Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator—on Mac OS.
· A portfolio of work demonstrating your design experience.
· Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in graphic design or comparable degree program.
· Ability to execute design production solutions that improve output quality, increase efficiency and speed, and/or enhance customer experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge and application of design principles and trends.
· Practice in creating production assets for a variety of screen resolutions.
· Collaborative with the ability to take feedback and directions.
· Willingness and openness to seek clarification on any vague information or direction.
· Thrives in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
· Experience streamlining production tasks and project managing creative files in systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation.
Want more Production Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Retoucher jobs, Photo Editor jobs, Picture Editor jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Production Designer jobs, Packaging Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.