Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
The Production Designer’s primary responsibility is asset creation and general graphic production through both the creative and development processes. With extreme proficiency in Adobe CS and Keynote, you will work with the Studio Manager, Creative Directors and Art Directors to ensure visual designs are consistently applied across all aspects of projects including marketing websites, platform websites, modules and tools, mobile, retail signage and interactive displays.
You will possess a solid understanding of general design principles, grid systems, and typography, with an emphasis towards digital. You'll be responsible for providing clear communication to the creative team and Project Manager, as well as planning, documenting and testing your work.
- Ability to extend existing design aesthetic into new extensions when necessary.
- Collaborate with Art Directors and Developers to produce web designs, digital comps and creative assets for production.
- Produce high quality digital assets that represent the user experience as defined in product requirements documents, functional specifications, wireframes, flow diagrams, schematics, designs and prototypes.
- Support the web development team with website maintenance, content management, website updates and web development tasks.
- Help produce project documentation and guidelines as well as presentations for new or existing client work and pitches.
- Participate in or lead photography sourcing.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- This is not an entry-level position. 3-5 years of professional work experience in the interactive and design industry.
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign as well as Keynote.
- A passion for innovation and technology with a solid understanding of digital tools, trends, and infrastructure.
- Solid foundation in typography, layout, and graphic design.
- A sound portfolio of work showcasing creative design solutions and an attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency (without panic) to deliver consistently.
- A solid understanding of HTML, capabilities of web browsers, and mobile.
- Video editing/compression skills are a plus.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Graphic Designer I – Global Football Apparel
Closing 21 September 2019
Graphic Designer I – Tennis Apparel
Closing 21 September 2019
Want more Production Designer jobs?
Want to find more Production Editor jobs, Production Manager jobs, Production Assistant jobs, Production Coordinator jobs, Production Designer jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.