The Aviation Week Network has an exciting opportunity for a talented content producer to work on our print and digital magazine products: the flagship magazine, Aviation Week & Space Technology, as well as sister publications Inside MRO, Business & Commercial Aviation, Air Transport World and Routes. Aviation Week is the leading source of news, analysis, data and events for the aerospace, aviation and defense industries. The role is based in New York.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a person with strong InDesign, communications and organizational skills and copy-editing experience. The ideal applicant also is adept at working as part of a team on both digital and print products in a fast-paced environment.
You are accountable for:
- Using Adobe InDesign to produce print pages.
- Posting stories to our Drupal-based content management system.
- Updating the web site as directed.
- Using Adobe InCopy to edit articles for Aviation Week & Space Technology's digital and print editions and the Aviation Week Intelligence Network.
- Working closely with writers, editors and producers in production of Aviation Week & Space Technology content.
- Performing other tasks as instructed by the content production manager or director of editorial and online production.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or a related discipline from a four-year college or university.
- Three to five years of experience producing print publications with Adobe InDesign. Experience with Adobe InCopy is a plus.
- Three to five years of experience editing copy for content, clarity and style for both digital and print products. Experience in editing technical articles is a plus.
- Strong grasp of AP Style.
- Knowledge of aviation, aerospace and defense subjects is a plus.
What we offer:
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities.
- Health and Wellness Benefits(.medical, dental, vision).
- 401K and Matching.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Generous PTO policy.
- Work-life balance.
- Additional discounts through various partnerships.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
Closing 22 February 2020
- Estee Lauder
Closing 21 February 2020
- The New York Times
- New York
Want more Production/Copy Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.