BBC Studios is the main TV production arm of the BBC. It is a major supplier of high quality content and the source of many creative and inspiring programmes.
The Production Co-ordinator Talent Pool is an exciting opportunity for candidates to express their interest in working within our teams in our Documentary, Digital and Science Units in London. We are the makers of programmes such as The Planets, Climate Change: The Facts, Horizon, Thatcher: A Very British Revolution, Big Narstie’s Big Adventure in Jamaica and The Met - with even more exciting content in the pipeline.
Joining the pool will mean that you will be offered work as and when opportunities arise. Appointment to the pool will not entitle candidates to permanent contracts with the BBC, those will have to be applied for in the normal way. The Talent Pool serves as a database of production coordinators who have the necessary skills and experience to work with us, and forms a group of candidates that will be considered as a priority should a short-term (non-permanent) position become vacant.
We will also consider applications from senior PMA’s/Production Secretaries that are ready to step up to a Production Co-ordinator role.
These roles will be London based. Due to the Covid19 outbreak and restrictions around social distancing this role would entail working from home until our offices re-open. Please do not apply if you are unable to work in London (W12) once any restrictions are lifted.
Please note – we will only consider those with the relevant experience.
Please upload your CV to apply.
You will report to the Production Manager, and in partnership with the editorial team, help to deliver outstanding, distinctive, multi-platform content. The Production Co-ordinator will help provide logistical and co-ordinator support to their production teams, potentially working across a number of programmes, at any one time, ensuring delivery on schedule within budget and within operational and financial constraints. You will also contribute to, and help to implement, practical actions to reduce environmental impact throughout production.
Are you the right candidate?
- Minimum of three credits for TV broadcast/SVOD required as a Production Co-ordinator or as a Senior PMA/Production Secretary.
- Experience of setting up complex international shoots would be advantageous (will be essential on some of our productions).
- Experience in delivering to multiple platforms .
- Knowledge of co-ordinating and delivering a range of/elements of productions on time and on budget to a variety of broadcasters.
- Experience of working with crews and production teams with a strong knowledge of how productions are managed.
- Confident at negotiating rates with external suppliers and raising contracts.
- Good working knowledge of archive and copyright clearance, and reporting.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC:
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles.
Closing 1 September 2020
- Frontier Developments plc
Closing 30 September 2020
Want more Production Coordinator jobs?
Want to find more Post Production Coordinator jobs, Production Manager jobs, Post Production Assistant jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Production Assistant jobs, Production Coordinator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.