Production Assistant – The Lancet
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
For all Lancet journals:
- Style articles from Word using Adobe InCopy CC (including tables and figures) and typeset equations, according to Lancet house style rules.
- Input editorial and author text corrections to page proofs, as required.
- Liaise with Editorial and Production colleagues re: page production, workflow, and deadlines.
- Use eXtyles document formatting software to process accepted manuscripts pre-edit, as required.
- Maintain databases and manuscript tracking system daily to specific deadlines, including orders to supplier for online article and issue publication.
Other Lancet group titles:
- Oversee the production process for the journals EClinicalMedicine and EBioMedicine, liaising directly with the external typesetter to resolve problems and with the in-house Editors to plan and compile issues.
- Provide assistance throughout the department and to other members of staff, when required.
- Manage office copies, file and organise back issue storage.
- Count photos, figures, tables and supplementary material per article, as well as numbers of fast track, and online-first articles. Maintain spreadsheets recording this information..
- Check invoices and create Purchase Order numbers for Lancet production invoices.
- Perform monthly update of Production Business Contingency Plan.
- Support launch of new Lancet group titles, when required.
- Attention to detail – essential.
- Good eye for design layout and details.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal departments and external suppliers.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and/or InCopy desirable.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please through Creativepool.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies.
We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancetand Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray?s Anatomy.
Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization.
Closing 29 August 2020
Closing 30 August 2020
- Direct Line Group
Want more Production Assistant – The Lancet jobs?
Want to find more Post Production Coordinator jobs, Production Editor jobs, Production Manager jobs, Production Assistant jobs, Production Coordinator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.